Dexterity and initiative

First of all, I love the turn based mode, that said I’d love to see something done, as others have stated, to make dexterity more useful for melee characters. Dexterity and weapons/abilities that granted attack speed increases used to allow you to attack more frequently, but obviously in the current iteration of turn based combat you never get more than one attack per round. This makes dexterity underwhelming as a stat and makes weapons like daggers and rapiers almost irrelevant. You could have initiative thresholds grant extra actions or you could have the increased percentage you’d get to attack speed in real time translate into an equal percentage chance to gain an extra attack in turn based, or if you didn’t want to give people more than 1 attack per round you could make dexterity contribute to accuracy. I feel like something needs to be done though to prevent dexterity and fast weapons from becoming useless for melee characters.

• Like 1

Hey Evil!

Thanks for the feedback for Dexterity in Turn-Based Mode!  I put a report together with your feedback for the team to consider.  If you think of anything else about this Dexterity issue, please continue to post about it here as I linked this thread in the report for the team to use as a reference.

Thanks again Evil :)