Sign in to follow this  
Bigbuta

Wandering spirit won't spawn in Drowned Kingdom

Question

The first spirit won't spawn for me in the Drowned Kingdom. I suspect this is because I was supposed to pick it up first, but I ended up getting the other spirits first and then trying to come back and get it. The "first spirit" is indicated by the [1]  iin the picture below (gamepressure's guide): https://guides.gamepressure.com/pillars_of_eternity_2/guide.asp?ID=45939

Here's a link to the saved game: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iszls7aj7ln8ef9/Raloen%20%2891959c01-b05a-4353-9d87-c93869bdb79b%29%20%28LAX-123FG%29%20quicksave.savegame?dl=0

6 answers to this question

I'm having the same issue. Here's two other threads about the same bug, going back to October 2018.

One mentions a save was sent off to QA and Area Design, so given it hasn't been patched yet, I'd guess your best bet is to start the level again.

Also, as those threads mention, as long as you drain the first water area using the first conch you come across, all the soul fragments should appear, and you should be able to progress normally from there.

Greetings Bigbuta,

My apology for any inconvenience the Wandering Spirits in The Drowned Kingdom have been causing you. Our Development team are aware that certain players will come across this issue and are looking for a fix as we speak. In the meantime any fixes implemented by our development team will be noted on the Obsidian forums. 

Cheers.

How is this not fixed yet?  Just ran into this and had to roll back my game all the way to beginning of the DLC to attempt this quest again.