[4.1.0.0023] Break the Bell somehow ended up as a permanent buff

Enoch

Question

I first noticed this in the 4.1.0.0019 Beta build.  I posted about it in the Patch Beta subforum, but nobody seemed to notice.  (Ya'll have been busy lately for some reason...)  It's still a problem in my save in the current build, so I'm bumping this up to the live-version Tech Support forum. 

Aloth, in this save, is a Spellblade.  I took "Strike the Bell" and "Break the Bell" from his Rogue ability tree to try them out.  After playing a little while, I noticed that enemies were getting Dazed when they shouldn't.  The enemies' status told me that they were affected by Break the Bell, even though I had only used basic attacks on them.  Turns out that all normal attacks with 2-handed weapons were applying the "Dazed" affliction as if I had spent the Guile to use Break the Bell.  With ranged weapons, the +3 PEN of Strike the Bell is added.  (Haven't tried one-handers, but I'm guessing that the DoT effect would proc.)  The attached screenshot shows that Break the Bell is on Aloth's character sheet as a persistent effect, rather than just as a useable ability. 

At that point I reported the issue in the thread linked above, then respec'ed Aloth out of the ability to avoid exploiting the bug.  That removed BtB as a useable ability, but the persistent effect remained.  He still Dazes on every swing of his Pollaxe (or Spirit Lance). 

I tried to reproduce this by rolling up an NPC Rogue with the ability to see what happens.  (The result is "BreakerTwo" in the party in the save linked below.)  Everything looks normal there-- Break the Bell shows up on the character sheet as a useable ability, not a persistent effect, and it only functions when used from the Guile-abilities taskbar.  This leads me to believe that it was some kind of interaction with Wizard abilities that started this happening. 

Here's a Drive link with a save.  It's from after I respec'ed Aloth, but the thread linked above has a link to a different Drive folder that includes a save from before the respec.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mnrCJE8T-ppzyVY3DqvMuNtp8oc87-w5

post-619-0-76306700-1548386718_thumb.png

1 answer to this question

Hello Enoch, thank you for contacting the support forums! My apologies it was a bit hard for you to get a response but thank you for providing your save game so we may investigate this issue! Ill be sure the bug get entered for QA to look into.

Best,

-Caleb

• Like 1

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...