I have no idea how to beat [Forgotten Sanctum spoilers]

If it is just the beams, then try out potions of arcane reflection and/or the resting bonus for Konstanten’s Room at the Wild Mare (30% Spell Reflection), and any other items you have that give bonus reflection.

Alternately, I do not think the Oracle is immune to interrupts, so focusing on interrupts should also help.

Edited by DozingDragon

If it is just the beams, then try out potions of arcane reflection and/or the resting bonus for Konstanten’s Room at the Wild Mare (30% Spell Reflection), and any other items you have that give bonus reflection.

Alternately, I do not think the Oracle is immune to interrupts, so focusing on interrupts should also help.

It might be different on PotD, but I just tried this fight last night (finally getting around to doing FS) and the Oracle is indeed immune to interrupts.

Unless there's a second fight with the oracle that I haven't gotten to yet, at least the first fight there's a real easy way to slaughter it: Petrification. Resistance to body afflictions just means "Petrify" turns into "Paralyze" so with Gaze of the Adragan or Petrification you can disable it and just murder it to death before it can do anything.

• Like 2

It might be different on PotD, but I just tried this fight last night (finally getting around to doing FS) and the Oracle is indeed immune to interrupts.

Unless there's a second fight with the oracle that I haven't gotten to yet, at least the first fight there's a real easy way to slaughter it: Petrification. Resistance to body afflictions just means "Petrify" turns into "Paralyze" so with Gaze of the Adragan or Petrification you can disable it and just murder it to death before it can do anything.

Six hundred hours in Deadfire and I never knew this. So Petrify is a quasi-4th level DEX affliction.

Six hundred hours in Deadfire and I never knew this. So Petrify is a quasi-4th level DEX affliction.

Yup.

It's a little big buggy though. I don't think paralyze will get "upgraded" to petrify on weakness: dexterity enemies, and if you use petrify on a weakness: dexterity, i think actually nothing happens (like literally nothing, i remember wasting some petrify effects).

It also means the wood elf racial bonus is possibly a little worse than other similar racial bonuses, since whereas other affliction resistance stuff may give you immunity to a hard crowd control effect (except con and perception resistance), resistance to dexterity still means you can get paralyzed by virtue of a petrify effect from like a delemgan or an enemy mage (though it does mean those really common paralyze poisons do barely anything).

Edited by thelee