(BUG) Citzal's Lance not working with affliction-causing abilities

TheMetaphysician

Question

When I cast Citzal's Lance, and then use Gouging Strike or Arterial Strike on a group of enemies, only the one enemy directly targeted is affected. The other enemies in the area of effect (which still comes up when selecting the ability) are not even attacked by the strike, not even with a regular attack. Others have reported that the same is true with Citzal's Lance + Stunning Surge.

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

Salutations Metaphysician, 

I will be sending this issue in for investigation. Would you happen to have a save file and output log of the issue occurring? Any additional information would also be helpful towards the investigation.

You can use mine:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aksyw0xfuchc1fd/Hyleon%20%28TempleofToamowhai%29%20%28f9c897b3-bd46-4c0e-9148-d236ebfea8c2%29%20%28LAX-123ABCDEFG%29%20%28947299715%29.savegame?dl=0

You will find my MC Monk standing in front of some dummies.

He has Spirit Lance equipped.

Combat hasn't started yet (obviously).

If you use Stunning Surge on the dummies you will notice that only the initial target gets stunned AND also only the initial target gets Resonances from Resonant Touch.

Switch to Hand Mortars (first weapon set). Use Stunning Surge and observe how all dummies get stunned and all get Resonances from Resonant Touch. This is how Citzal's etc. worked before this bug (I hope it's a bug). 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods