Single class chanter with Sasha's Singing Scimitar and focus on Empower use for Tekehu, single class Barb with focus on high AR and Barbaric Retaliation as goal for Serafen, Herald with focus on healing chants/auras for Pallegina, single class Monk with dual mortars and focus on Stunning Surge, Resonant Touch and Whispers of the Wind for Mirke.

Because there are not that much alternative multiclass options to companions, are there? Just... one usually. ;)

Edit: Rofl - see my next post below.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

So far you've got:

Tekehu: Support through healing, buffs, debuffs, etc.
Pallegina: Support + Tanking (or damage?)

Mirke: Pure damage (don't forget her Rogue is subclassed Streetfighter so this will require some micro)
Serafen: Mix of damage and debuffs - a good character that can swap between melee and mid-ranged.

I'm thinking a long range option like Sharpshooter/Wizard (maybe /Evoker) would fit in nicely.

• Like 1

Haha, sorry, I misinterpreted your question.

Your MC's multiclass could be Geomancer like Arnold Rimmer suggested. 

My go-to Geomancer nowadays is a melee Stalker/Wizard who uses Willbreaker and high AR (use thick armor and Spirit Shield for example) and who focuses on Concelhaut's Draining Touch + Essential Phantom.

First cast Draining Touch and then Phantom. The Phantom will also get the Draining Touch as weapon - but it will not go away after a hit like on a "real" character. It targets Will -> so you will use Miasma of Dumb-Mindedness to lower enemies will and hit them with Willbreaker + Body Blows while at the sme time your AC (wolf or lion) will use Takedown Combo (targets Fortitude) to give you or your Phantom +100% dmg attacks. Draining Touch has very high base damage and works wonders with Takedowen combo. Also the phantom will crit often when Misama did hit. It wil do nice dmg and heal itself.

Use Combusting Wounds to take advantage of all the hits that rain down on the enemy.

You will target Deflection with all your nice ACC buffs, the Phantom will target (low) Will with decent ACC and your animal comp. will target (low) Fortitude with Takedown Combos. There's no escape. ;)

It is a tanky yet very potent single target nutcraker. Do not take Ghost Heart with this technique. The AC would prevent the use of Essential Phantom and vice versa.

I soloed the Dracolich with this guy on PotD without any consumables, blessings, resting buffs or shrine buffs etc. and without special equipment except Willbreaker and Nomad's Brigandine. I used Nomad's Brigandine because it's nice you be able to always run to your pet unhindered as a Stalker. Also you want to be able to move freely because the Phantom is on autopilot and sometimes you want to follow. :)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 5

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods