No NPC banter

MonkeyMan4816

Question

Hello,

this is my first post on the forum so I apologise if somebody already posted this question.

I started a new game (all the patches and all DLCs installed). What I noticed is that I get absolutely no party banter. I'm talking about the text that appears above the companions as they talk to each other.

On my first playthrough they talked all the time. Now it's just silence.

Does anyone know a solution to this?

Thanks for the help in advance!

3 answers to this question

Hello MonkeyMan,

It sounds like there might be something off with your audio files after having done the updates.  Depending on what platform you are using(Steam, GOG, MacPlay, etc) you may be able to Verifiy the Integrity of the Game Files to fix it, or an uninstall/reinstall of the base game with the DLCs included might fix it as well.  If those do not work for you, please let me know so we can look into other alternatives to getting this resolved for you.

Thank you MonkeyMan and sorry for the inconvenience this is causing.

Hello MonkeyMan,

It sounds like there might be something off with your audio files after having done the updates.  Depending on what platform you are using(Steam, GOG, MacPlay, etc) you may be able to Verifiy the Integrity of the Game Files to fix it, or an uninstall/reinstall of the base game with the DLCs included might fix it as well.  If those do not work for you, please let me know so we can look into other alternatives to getting this resolved for you.

Thank you MonkeyMan and sorry for the inconvenience this is causing.

Hey! Thanks for the quick answer. I checked the integrity using GOG Galaxy (didn't work)  and reinstalled the game (also didn't work). But I'll keep trying.

Anyway - thanks for the help. Do you have an idea where the audio files with the banter are stored? If you have any more ideas (or anybody else) - let me know.

Thanks!

Okay, I think I have found out what is causing the bug- I loaded an old save game and the banters worked okay. But then I sailed out and received the Beast of Winter letter (the one that triggers the quest). After that point – all the companions banters stopped. It seems they stop working once the “Honored Guest” quest is started. Did anyone else got that bug? And is there is way to fix it or is it just no banters until I get to Beast of Winter?