Most of people say Resolve and Cons are relatively worse

Well... about that.

Theoretically(I don't expect any of it to be implemented, I am not that naïve), most, if not all of what's been discussed in this regard can be done by recycling old assets. Yeah, it will add more complex code, which can produce inconsistencies with what already is on the table(which has shown itself to be the case with most new things added to the game). But it's not like it's new animations or voice acting...

Correct me if I'm wrong on that, but isn't that easier to do?

Edited by Hulk'O'Saurus

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

Easier yes.
Easy probably not.

Obsidian games are like beautiful old mansions full of termites. Especially for the ruleset part.

Even if you add a single nail in the wall to cling a painting, you're likely to awaken the whole colony.

Sometimes you can't even figure from which new hole they have escaped (new dual wield bug is a good example).

(Yet, these beautiful old mansions have way more charm than a standardized luxury Golden Tulipe hotel. I mean AAA games :- )

Also the rules and balances changes are likely to draw criticisism and discontent, especially from casual players who just want to play the game.
And new content can be sold. Balance change has little commercial value.

Easier yes.

Easy probably not.

Obsidian games are like beautiful old mansions full of termites. Especially for the ruleset part.

Even if you add a single nail in the wall to cling a painting, you're likely to awaken the whole colony.

Sometimes you can't even figure from which new hole they have escaped (new dual wield bug is a good example).

(Yet, these beautiful old mansions have way more charm than a standardized luxury Golden Tulipe hotel. I mean AAA games :- )

Also the rules and balances changes are likely to draw criticisism and discontent, especially from casual players who just want to play the game.

And new content can be sold. Balance change has little commercial value.

It's an apt description.  :thumbsup:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Even if Deadfire were fully 2d and without an ounce of voice acting, I'd still play it x). That's where I'm ultimately coming from. 

And for all those who would rather have their Dead Choredemtion eye cake with collection of bores to choose from... they don't know what they're missing. 

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png