I am at the quest 'The Champion of the Hunt', at the end of the DLC in the Beyond, and am talking with the three faces.
If you accept his offer when Whehami (The Slayer Face) offer to trade places with you the first time you speak with him, then the two other faces reapears and have new dialog.
I then spoke with Aexica (The Seeker Face) and at the end of her dialog, and after passing a Religion (12) skill check, she admits to manipulating Whehami into breaking the column. Then after I discovered the background of the three of them I spoke with Eruke (The Survivor Fave) and made a Metaphysic (12) dialog choice, this lets me then speak with Aexica again and unlocks a Diplomacy (20!) option. If that is passed she admit that she was wrong in wanting to escape and ask you to speak to Whehami to make things right.
After that you can't talk with Aexica or Eruke, and it is implied that convincing Whehami to give you the Tooth he used to destroy the pillar will lead to a peaceful resolution. However, the only new option when speaking with him just makes him want to kill her. Your only options are to either:
- Choose another bodyswap target for him - which I can't due to previous choices
- Tell him that Aexica admits she maniuplated him - which he just ignores
- Tell him that she manipulated him but wants to make things right again - this makes him angry and order you to kill her (which I don't want to)
- Prepare to fight him - which leads to either the battle with him or an Intimidate (22) skill check, which doesn't change anything*. If you fight him Aexica also attacks you, even thought she said she had decided otherwise.
My questions then are:
1) You can tell Whehami that Aexica regrets her manipulation even before taking the 20 Diplomacy option where you actually convince her to regret it. is this a bug?
2) Even if you succeeded the 22 Intimidate check against Whehami all further option stills ends in a fight no matter what. Is this Intentional?*
3) If you fight Whehami then Aexica still attacks you even though you also succeeded the 20 Diplomacy where she promises not to. Is this intentional as well? Is it not possible to resolve it peacefully even when succeeding one or even two very high conversation skill checks, and Aexica heavily implies that you can end it without killing them?
* Or I had to, I was the Seeker Chosen, don't know if being the Slayer Chosen would change anything.
P.s. I would appreciate no ending spoilers for the game (e.g. ending slides etc.)