More Hardwood + Round Holes = Lots of Scoring in Basketball 2K19

Leferd

People kept telling me that Giannis really busts his ass out there. I didn't know this was what they meant...

I'll show myself out.

• Gasp! 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Wacky finish to game 4 of Dubs vs Kings with Steph pulling a Chris Webber and calling a timeout when the Dubs were out of timeouts. They hung on to win so it's all good. This is definitely the most entertaining series of round 1.

• Sad 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

bucks secondary scoring options and roleplayers suddenly all look inexplicably horrible over a playoff series while giannis has to try to carry the whole team

where have I seen this one before

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Rough loss for the Bucks. They were the better team and led for most of the game then Jimmy Butler turned into Jason Voorhees and murdered them. I don't understand how the Heat keep doing this every year. They're in these series than on paper they have no right putting up any sort of challenge then they wind up winning or at least pushing the other team to the very edge. The Bucks are clearly the better team and yet here they are on the brink of elimination.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

A consistently good team could be the #1 seed in the league, but a wildly streaky team that barely makes the playoffs could beat the crap outta that consistently good team, then turn around and get smoked by a much worse team. It happens a lot more in football when all playoff games are sudden death, but even though it's less likely, such anomalies can happen in best of 7 series as well. In my opinion, the Bucks simply are usually not as good as they're advertised; outside of 2021, they've had way too many series where everyone but Giannis looks just awful for 4-7 games of the series. Jrue Holiday forgets how to make even gimme layups as soon he gets into the playoffs, Khris Middleton is usually either on fire and making everything or crippling the team with just awful shooting and not much else in between, the roleplayer shooters who had good 3-point shooting percentages in the regular season (even if they didn't have the most minutes) suddenly can't buy a basket given completely open looks if their lives depended on it. It is annoying, but I take comfort in the fact that they did win it all in 2021.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

We are getting some good Cali matchups this season. If Kawhi had stayed healthy, we might even have had a full slate of California games in the West. As is, LA is playing Sac or GSW and it will be a sweet series. I'm hoping for another Lebron versus Steph moment.

Basically if the Warriors can win tonight, they probably get to play Lebron next round and KD in the finals. That would be phenomenal.

Kind of a shame about Fox breaking his finger - if they had won that previous 1-point game and were up 3-1 right now, I'd be of the mind they could get a win in one of the last three games, but now with him all busted up and the series being split 2-2, not really feeling it. Guess we'll see how they do tonight.

Horrific play by the Bucks to give up the game at home again (most shockingly by Giannis, who was just awful). We didn't deserve to win, and we didn't. Fire the coach, cut the players, etc. Also, looks like the Warriors will probably be moving on!

0ei3rqc50ewa1.jpg

Edited by Bartimaeus

Well, I definitely wasn't expecting the Kings to rip the Warriors a new one at home. Game 7 should be it.

On 4/26/2023 at 11:53 PM, Hurlshort said:

I know a lot of people have issues with Draymond Green

that's one way to put it

The Nugs took game 1 against the Suns. It's interesting how Nikola Jokic has been putting on a clinic in the playoffs so far and nobody is talking about it. My dude quietly put up a 24-19-5 tonight. Just a casual 24-19-5, no big deal. Run of the mill, garden variety 24-19-5.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

14 hours ago, Hurlshort said:

Curry is still pretty good for an old man. Looks like the beam will have to wait another year.

Yeah, it sucks, the most fun team is already out of the playoffs. Oh well.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

5 hours ago, Keyrock said:

I'm starting to suspect that Nikola Jokic might be good at basketball.🤔

He is a force. Last year the Warriors had to surround him with 5 defenders to slow him down even a little. :p

This year is very retro. Harden is winning games. Lebron is back in it. I'm enjoying watching all the old guys try and get one more shot at it. These guys are all in their mid-30's, so we are getting close to the end of the era. Enjoy it while it lasts. 

• 2 weeks later...

I sound like a broken record but I can't get over what Nikola Jokic is doing. Best of luck to the Dubs or Lakers in the conference finals because Jokic is in God Mode right now. He must have a GameShark or he hacked the source code or something because the way he's played through the first 2 rounds of these playoffs is unfair. It took a pair of superhuman efforts from Booker & KD just to make round 2 a 6 game series. 

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

It's interesting how we are getting a resurgence of the dominant center. Jokic, Embiid, and Anthony Davis have had a huge impact in the playoffs this year. That being said, we haven't had a lot of titles won recently by a center dominant team.

trash can man is officially in the trash can :banana:

I was pretty excited at the chance for the Warriors to beat KD in the conference finals, but I guess I will have to settle for the Warriors outlasting him in the 2nd round. 

Also this AD health thing is weird. I never wish for a player to get injured and I'm glad he is cleared to play, but he was looking super woozy and had to use a wheelchair to leave the floor.

25 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

Speaking of health things, what's going on with Wiggins?

It sounds like he has bruised ribs and will probably be limited in the game. That could be a pretty big blow, since he was fantastic last game. They'll either need one of the young guys to step up, or hope Klay or Poole get hot enough where they don't really need his all around great play.

I don't much care whether the Lakers or Dubs move on to the conference finals, but I hope both AD and Wiggins are as healthy as possible for tonight's game. I want the better team to move on.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸