Hello Everyone,

Longtime lurker here. I'm hoping you can help me out with an idea of how to play Path of the Damned solo. I'd like to play a Wizard or Chiper or a two-handed melee build of some sort. I understand the Fampyrs are hard to kill as well as some of the new bosses (and mega bosses coming soon). Anyways, I'm open to ideas that are fun and interactive. Thanks so much! :wub:

Edited by diamondsforever

I am doing my first solo, although on veteran, with the War Caller build "The Sword Singer".  It is a well-designed character and Voltron shows how to do it War Caller (Devoted Fighter/Troubadour Chanter) and Herald (Paladin Kind Wayfarer/Troubador Chanter) and explains the pros and cons of each variation.  I have played around on solo POTD before and I lose patience in the early levels until you get some decent gear and hit level 10.  

I had a really bad time with the Fampyrs until I created a "custom" history so that Devil of Caroc (sp?) armor was available, which can be enchanted to substantially help with the charm aspect.

There are some great builds linked in the first post in this section, thanks to Boeroer collecting them and linking them.  Good luck!

Having done several solo PotD runs, I’d definitely recommend a Paladin/X multiclass for your first run. Those builds are considerably easier and less stressful than pretty much any other kind of build.

(There are lots of ways to do this — check Boeroer’s collection of builds, and check out any of the Paladin multi-classes that are listed as solo builds.)

How are Paladin/wizards?

My only worry is paladin can be somewhat boring.

Thanks for all the advice :)

That should work well. The Wizard half will give you good AOE spells, as well as some nice defensive options, and the Paladin half will keep you alive! 

Well it depend if you plans to clear all bosses or not, if you enable gods challenge or not, if you plan to do run now or after DLC release, if you want to use consumable or not ?

If you plan to do only main game then you can check any solo builds on Builds page
If you plan to do TSC without DLC Wizard, Paladin/X, Monk near all classes except Barbarian/Druid/Ranger will work very well
If you plan to do TSC + DLC then Paladin/X will be your single chose, I don't know why but new Obsidian bosses designed for very, very long fight and classes with limited resources will have very hard time
It you plan to do TSC + DLC + God Challenges then Chanter/Paladin your way to go 

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Well it depend if you plans to clear all bosses or not, if you enable gods challenge or not, if you plan to do run now or after DLC release, if you want to use consumable or not ?

If you plan to do only main game then you can check any solo builds on Builds page

If you plan to do TSC without DLC Wizard, Paladin/X, Monk near all classes except Barbarian/Druid/Ranger will work very well

If you plan to do TSC + DLC then Paladin/X will be your single chose, I don't know why but new Obsidian bosses designed for very, very long fight and classes with limited resources will have very hard time

It you plan to do TSC + DLC + God Challenges then Chanter/Paladin your way to go

Hello mant2si,

I would like to clear all bosses and DLC. Consumables I’m okay with food prep before battles. I prefer not to use drugs in game if possible or potions (beyond fat heals). I’d like a character that can have fun in all situations in the game. I have played palidins, wizards, rogues and fighter so far. My husband tried chanter and thought it was pretty good, I just don’t really understand what chanter skills, the names are super confusing.