[WIP] Ascendant Build for a Pro-Animancy Pro-Vallian Watcher

Did we talk about armor for this guy yet? I was thinking Miscreant's Leathers (Almost no Recovery Time, negative recovery penalty with Abraham or Nalvi), but I also want to use cloth armor (To make it a little easier to rip models for clothes) so I was thinking about the High Harbinger's Robe (+10% extra spell damage). Furthermore, are the male and female models for the Vallian Frock Coat able to be interchanged? Because I'd really freaking like the female model on a male PC. 

Edit: Oh, and what pets? I was thinking Abraham or Nalvi, but I've also heard tell of a few cats that might be better working with magic users (AoE and spell damage or something?)

Edited by Cyrus_Blackfeather

18 Might (14 Base + 1 Gift of the Machine +2 Berath's Blessing +1 Permanent Stat Boost)
10 Con (8 Base +2 Berath's Blessing)
15 Dexterity (12 Base +1 Pale Elf +2 Berath's Blessing)
20 Perception (17 Base +1 Pale Elf +2 Berath's Blessing)
20 Intellect (16 Base +2 Berath's Blessing +1 Old Vallia +1 Stone of Power)
10 Resolve (8 Base +2 Berath's Blessing)

Had a go at making a "No Dump Stats" variant with a little more Resolve at the cost of a goodly portion of Dexterity. I didn't like the idea of having +15% duration of negative effects. 

Alchemy + the potion belt + Fleshmender is a fun combo for a ranged Cipher since the armor gives you +1 weapon and quick slots: good for cycling through reload weapons/chugging potions if that suits you. Fleshmender has great AR, too.

I agree with Haplok's approval of Mind Plague: combine it with Secret Horrors and you get an AoE Tenuous Grasp with all sorts of goodies stacked on top.

Aesthetically, I think Miscreant's Leathers and Acina's Tricorn would be your best choice.

Edited by Ophiuchus

Alchemy + the potion belt + Fleshmender is a fun combo for a ranged Cipher since the armor gives you +1 weapon and quick slots: good for cycling through reload weapons/chugging potions if that suits you. Fleshmender has great AR, too.

I agree with Haplok's approval of Mind Plague: combine it with Secret Horrors and you get an AoE Tenuous Grasp with all sorts of goodies stacked on top.

Aesthetically, I think Miscreant's Leathers and Acina's Tricorn would be your best choice.

Thanks! I'll try out different armors to see what works best. I probably won't use DoC Breastplate though, simply because A: I use it for all of my other builds and B: It's not really that great for anyone other than a mixed-martial multiclass because of the way the Power Pool bonus works. The AR itself is good, and so is having access to a resistance, but that's about it. 

Any thoughts on the less min-maxy version of the stats? I'm not sure how noticeable a -15% drop in Action Speed would make.