A compliment for the Obsidian staff...

KingHarbromm

>funny but we would say that it is as much the developer tendency towards mendacity and their unnecessarily taciturn natures that lead to such stuff. some developer tell us one thing on Tuesday, and we see

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

"Theres no need to be rude, condecending nor combative when addressing a conflicing post."

sure there is... we already explained why too.

"Things change. Just because one says something one day does not mean a week later it still applies."

cheap answer... and not applicable. we understand that when a developer says they wanna do A, B & C, that it is possible and even likely that A, B, or C might not make it in game. got no problem with that. but a developer tells us that a game sold well on one day, then reverses self a few days later... on a different part of a board, and we is gonna get suspicious as to reasons why there were a change. a developer tells us that they was forced to make changes 'cause of license holder... then a couple days later they delete all such threads and claim that all those changes were made willingly and voluntarily and were in fact the developer's ideas in first place, and we is gonna get suspicious. tell us all kinds of things that just not fit together, and we is gonna get suspicious. if you don't, then that is up to you... no doubt developers prefer folks who simply accept everything they say.

"You seem to be of the mindset its ok or even justified to flame/be combative for no other reason you disagree or do not like something that is said or done."

funny, but we thought we said something quite different. we not mind somebody disagreeing with us... not one bit. Gromnir disagrees with folks like Di and Vol others and it never get combative with those folks... folks who often disagree with us. heck, we never even had a heated debate with puuk... and it ain't 'cause we always agreed with him neither. however, if somebody wants to play rough... or if they wanna be disingenuous, we is hardly bothered by a little flame or two.

"As if I was a dev posts such as you advocate I would tune out."

great. good for you... but take notice at the irony. you is responding to Gromnir right now, ain't you? you ain't tuning us out. you wanna prove your point more than you wanna live up to ideal espoused. other posters and developers is no different.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

> sure there is... we already explained why too.

IMO those reasons you gave are about as thin as rice paper.

"Things change. Just because one says something one day does not mean a week later it still applies."

> cheap answer... and not applicable.

I disgaree.

> we understand that when a developer says they wanna do A, B & C, that it is possible and even likely that A, B, or C might not make it in game. got no problem with that. but a developer tells us that a game sold well on one day, then reverses self a few days later... on a different part of a board, and we is gonna get suspicious as to reasons why there were a change.

And on the end of the day it matter because...? Its not as if they are you best friend who, in your eyes, lied to you. Or your world will end. If the 'truth' as you see it on a game msg forum is so vastly important I would suggest, with no insult intended, you need to get out more. *shrugs* Its really not a big deal.

> funny, but we thought we said something quite different.

If you did my appologizes, I might have misread.

> we not mind somebody disagreeing with us... not one bit. Gromnir disagrees with folks like Di and Vol others and it never get combative with those folks... folks who often disagree with us.

Thats not surprising at all. You and they have a similar msg forum tone and style. Like minds tend not to disagree as much.

> great. good for you... but take notice at the irony. you is responding to Gromnir right now, ain't you?

Yes I did. Please show me where in the post I replied too is combative or a flame. I did not state I would put that person on ignore, I said I wouldnt read their combative post/ignore it. Never said anything about such posts that do not fit into that templet.

I've been around the blocks a few too many times to be caught that easily ;)

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

"IMO those reasons you gave are about as thin as rice paper."

conclusion w/o reason. easily ignored.

"I disgaree."

conclusion w/o reason. easily ignored.

"And on the end of the day it matter because...? Its not as if they are you best friend who, in your eyes, lied to you. Or your world will end. If the 'truth' as you see it on a game msg forum is so vastly important I would suggest, with no insult intended, you need to get out more. *shrugs* Its really not a big deal."

and so we descend into the ridiculous. using similar reasoning, there ain't much reason to post or even view these boards... 'cause your viewing or speaking on board will not cause the world to end or survive or change or whatever you currently think is important.

"If you did my appologizes, I might have misread."

apology provisoionally accepted.

"Thats not surprising at all. You and they have a similar msg forum tone and style. Like minds tend not to disagree as much."

to repeat self again, we disagree with them all the time. di and Gromnir cannot agree with di on balance or stat rolling or 1007 or any of a dozen other things... and don't even get us started on vol. if we gotta hear one more time 'bout how great arcanum was, our ears will start to bleed. HA! is right there in the part you quoted. "Gromnir disagrees with folks like Di and Vol others and it never get combative with those folks." sheesh. heck, we never got combative with puuk neither.

regardless, your suggestion is patently ludicrous. take two adversarial persons and set them at odds. you suggest that such people is LESS likely to have a conflict? maybe you should take a gander at rpg codex sight.

"Yes I did. Please show me where in the post I replied too is combative or a flame. I did not state I would put that person on ignore, I said I wouldnt read their combative post/ignore it. Never said anything about such posts that do not fit into that templet."

sometimes your posts is harder to read than Gromnir's. but we think you is saying that no post in this thread is of they type you personally find offensive. whatever ambiguous threshold you got, whatever tolerance level you observe, it has not yet been reached. if that is so, then we not see what you is complaining 'bout.

"I've been around the blocks a few too many times to be caught that easily :)"

you think you is doing well?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)