Marauder WIP [Feedback Appreciated] UPDATED: Stats, Abilities, Equipment

Hey guys, 

Decided I'd post a quick update to my Marauder build. This includes an updated stats spread, factoring in gear/background changes as well as ability and equipment changes. 

Stats:

Might: 20 (15 Base +1 Human +1 GotM +2 Berath's Blessing +1 Permanent Stat Boost) 
Con: 20 (16 Base +1 Upright Captain's Belt +1 Chameleon's Touch +2 Berath's Blessing)
Dexterity: 10 (5 Base +1 Boots of the Stone +1 Deadfire Archipelago +2 Berath's Blessing +1 Chameleon's Touch) 
Perception: 20 (18 Base +2 Berath's Blessing)
Intellect: 20 (17 Base +1 Strand of Favor +2 Berath's Blessing)
Resolve: 8 (4 Base +1 Human +1 Boots of the Stone +2 Berath's Blessing) 

Alternatively

Might: 15 (10 Base +1 Human +1 GotM +2 Berath's Blessing +1 Permanent Stat Boost) 
Con: 20 (16 Base +1 Upright Captain's Belt +1 Chameleon's Touch +2 Berath's Blessing)
Dexterity: 10 (5 Base +1 Boots of the Stone +1 Deadfire Archipelago +2 Berath's Blessing +1 Chameleon's Touch) 
Perception: 20 (18 Base +2 Berath's Blessing)
Intellect: 15 (12 Base +1 Strand of Favor +2 Berath's Blessing)
Resolve: 18 (14 Base +1 Human +1 Boots of the Stone +2 Berath's Blessing) 

18 Resolve gets you most of the Resolve based dialogue tests in the game, and for the kind of character I want to play, it makes sense for him to be strong-willed, bordering on completely fearless. The loss of Intellect is definitely an issue though. 

The problems... 

My need for high Might, in order to properly use Carnage/LDV's Static Thunder effect, directly conflicts with the fact that high Might also augments the self-inflicted damage of Berserker's Frenzy. That being the case, high Might also increases the healing done by Savage Defiance. High Constitution (Over 500 Health while Frenzied and with Tough) also helps mitigate the impact of the Raw damage over time. 

Low base Dexterity. Yes, it gets considerably better in combat, but 10 Dexterity is still woefully average, with Streetfighter's Recovery malus before I can get properly Flanked or Bloodied. That being said, the speed bonuses from Frenzy, Dual Wielding (For single targets) and Bloodlust (In groups) mitigate this somewhat. 

Not wanting to dump any stats. I really don't like having a dump stat. I know the answer to that is simple - Just use the Unity console mod - but that feels just as cheap, especially since I'm already using Berath's Blessings. 

Abilities: 

Level 1 - Frenzy/Crippling Strike

Level 2 - Blooded
Level 3 - Escape
Level 4 - Barbaric Blow/Two-Handed Style
Level 5 - Thick-Skinned
Level 6 - Blinding Strike
Level 7 - Finishing Blow/Combat Focus
Level 8 - Bloodlust
Level 9 - Bloody Slaughter
Level 10 - Spirit Frenzy/Persistent Distraction

Level 11 - Gouging Strike

Level 12 - Savage Defiance

Level 13 - Barbaric Smash/Deep Wounds
Level 14 - Devastating Blow
Level 15 - Interrupting Blows
Level 16 - Withering Strike/Brute Force
Level 17 - Tough
Level 18 - Perishing Strike
Level 19 - Deathblows/Blood Thirst
Level 20 - Spirit Tornado

Might swap out Withering > Perishing Strike (3 Guile for a Constitution affliction) for Two-Weapon style and something else. Unfortunately I can't get the Rage cost reduction for Savage Defiance, since both Blood Thirst and Spirit Tornado are really good abilities. 

Gear: 

Pet: Abraham or Nalvi - Are the Recovery reductions the same on both pets, or is Abraham's higher? 

Weapons: Lord Darryn's Voulge for large groups/ship battles and the like - a heavy AoE weapon and thematic for a Barbarian character. Dual Sabres (Tarn's Respite and Grave Calling, then replace Tarn's with Scordeo's Edge) for single targets. 

Armor: Devil of Caroc Breastplate - +2 Guile/Rage, -10% Recovery reduction, pretty good armor for a DPS character, and resistance to Intellect afflictions to auto-cleanse Confusion. 

Gloves: Boltcatchers - Again, thematic. I like the idea of a pirate captain who seemingly has control over the storms themselves. Bit of a late-game get, though, so use something like Gauntlets of Ogre Might until then. 

Belt: Upright Captain's Belt for Concentration (Two stacks with Combat Focus?), +1 Constitution, and Immunity to Push/Pull effects. At least it SAYS it grants +1 Constitution. 

Neck: Strand of Favor

Cloak: Cloak of Greater Protection and then upgrade to Nemnok's Cloak ASAP. The enchants on Nemnok's Cloak are per-rest, though. There might be better options. 

Rings: Voidward and Chameleon's Touch

Boots: Boots of the Stone for resistance to Might afflictions and then upgrade to Rakhan Field Boots - MAYBE. 

Helm: Defiant Apparel - Resistance to Perception Afflictions or Helm of the Falcon for reduced Recovery with two-handed weapons. Thinking Defiant Apparel might be best (Immunity to pesky Rogues with Persistent Distraction). 

Thoughts? 

1. Too squishy? Will I survive with micromanagement or do I have to worry about an enemy killing me just by coughing on me? 

2. Fun factor? I tried to find some good synergies here. Do you think everything I've picked flows well together? 

3. Are Berserker builds really that hard to manage? People have been saying that, unless you want to play a Brute (And sacrifice damage for survivability), playing a Berserker is more trouble than its worth at higher levels. Is this the case? Kind of a corollary to point No. 1 

You can not tank with a marauder, like you can with a brute that has unbending.

Marauder is only hard to play, when you play solo, because all enemies will target you only. Without nemnok's cloak, what tells you when you near death, you don't even need to play this class.

So basically, it works fine in a group setting, just not solo? I mean, that's fine. I like playing with a party anyway, even if it's going to be mostly sidekicks. 

Marauder is only hard to play, when you play solo, because all enemies will target you only. Without nemnok's cloak, what tells you when you near death, you don't even need to play this class.

So basically, it works fine in a group setting, just not solo? I mean, that's fine. I like playing with a party anyway, even if it's going to be mostly sidekicks. 

Unless you get rid of the confusion with caroc breastplate or svef / captains banquet.

I recommend own crafted adventurers, they are far superior to sidekicks or npcs and for roleplaying purposes they are better, because you can make them a all pirate party.

Unless you get rid of the confusion with caroc breastplate or svef / captains banquet.

I recommend own crafted adventurers, they are far superior to sidekicks or npcs and for roleplaying purposes they are better, because you can make them a all pirate party.

That is true, though I want to take Rekke and Ydwin at least since they have some interactivity with the new DLC. 

I agree that any Berzerker that isn't also Fighter isn't well suited to be the main tank. Low deflection + constant DoT + everyone focus firing you = quick death.

I agree that any Berzerker that isn't also Fighter isn't well suited to be the main tank. Low deflection + constant DoT + everyone focus firing you = quick death.

Well, this is more of a DPS character anyway. Eder's going to be the main tank if I go with this one.