Are the speed bonuses from two weapon style a bug? Intended? Or just plain stupid?

Role-Playing??? I pick weapons that I want my characters to use, not because some excel spread sheet tells me I can get the most mechanical advantage out of it. I was playing a party based on Robin Hood - Little John was my fighter (devoted) using a quarterstaff, probably not the best weapon for a fighter but it didn't cause me any problems. 

Another time a Paladin using the yenwood two handed sword.. had a nice effect for running people through if I remember correctly

Good post. Sometimes you should just do stuff because it's badass not because stats tell you to do so. 

Stats are great but sometimes a feature is just well, a feature.

• Like 2

Yes! We have no bananas.

This disbalance was discussed at lenght on these fora.

DW's attack speed is not a bug, it's intended and it won't be nerfed because it was already (more than once IIRC) and Obs is too smart to nerf it further.

Since i'm a special guy i'd like to see an asymmetric balance for weapon styles: one being better for auto attacks, other for special attacks. Since for special attacks:

Accuracy > Damage >>> Attack Speed

DW is a natural candidate for being best at auto and worse at special than 1H and 2H. But Full Attacks exist so something needs to be done about them.

I don't think asymmetric balance sucks - Starcratf 1 is still played today.

Many players, however, won't like this because they follow Obsidian's philosophy of Bringing Everything Closer and want DW, 1H and 2H being roughly same at both auto and special.

Vancian =/= per rest.

I use two-handed weapons because I like the look and feel of it, but there's no question that dual wielding is statistically superior. It doesn't really matter though, my Brute is one or two-shotting most enemies with a two-hander anyway. It was the same in Baldur's Gate 2, dual wielding far out-passed two-handed weapons, but that didn't mean two-handers aren't viable.

The game's not hard so play however you want. That said nerfing dual-wielding or buffing two-handers needs to be done.

Edited by Judicator