I started out my newest playthrough decided to go with 2h swords as a main weapon, but forgot about Modwyr, my favorite weapon. I was wondering if it would be possible to change Modwyr to a greatsword with appropriate damage but without changing anything else about it.

How would I do this? I took a look at the items gamedatabundle but Modwyr's entry seems a lot more complicated than I expected. Also, this would be my first mod, so I'm pretty inexperienced with this kinda stuff in general.

I started out my newest playthrough decided to go with 2h swords as a main weapon, but forgot about Modwyr, my favorite weapon. I was wondering if it would be possible to change Modwyr to a greatsword with appropriate damage but without changing anything else about it.

How would I do this? I took a look at the items gamedatabundle but Modwyr's entry seems a lot more complicated than I expected. Also, this would be my first mod, so I'm pretty inexperienced with this kinda stuff in general.

There are 3 diifferent Modwyr :

Sword_Soulbound_Modwyr

Sword_Soulbound_Modwyr_Keeps_Soul

Sword_Soulbound_Modwyr_No_Soul

you have to take care of the following GUID in any of these bundles (WeaponGameData)

"Stance"

"EquipmentType"

"EquipmentSlot"

"ProficientAbilityID"

"AttackID"

take a great sword and use their values as replacement for the Modwyr ones.

Apologies if I missed something

• Like 1

That seems to have worked! I just copy/pasted the relevant stats from a regular great sword over like you said, and it looks like everything worked. I'll probably tinker a little more with it to make sure I didn't make something too over/under powered before I upload it anywhere.

Thanks so much!

• Like 1

As you're new to this read my First Mod sticky then strip out everything you don't need

As @Kilay says you need to change a LOT of IDs then add Modwyr

First Mod is intended as a gentle intro to modding (ignore the convo stuff for now)

First Mod is designed to take you step by step from zero to initiate

You can join our group (see my sig) and get direct support

=============================================================================

If someone's Trolling me again they get kicked!

We all know a far easier way to do this...

Edited by peardox

OK Fair warning has been applied

I'm gonna move the domain to https://perspak.com early Feb but will keep all content

There are reasons behind this move which basically boil down to unifying my release schedule

My friends are welcome to play (I'll set you up your own areas if you desire them)

Please note that this process is messy so may take a few weeks 

OK Fair warning has been applied

I'm gonna move the domain to https://perspak.com early Feb but will keep all content

There are reasons behind this move which basically boil down to unifying my release schedule

My friends are welcome to play (I'll set you up your own areas if you desire them)

Please note that this process is messy so may take a few weeks