Modding Patch Notes for v2.1.0.0034

Hey!  Sorry, very new to the mod world - question for anyone who can answer, does this:

"Mod data that doesn't affect gameplay (atlases, portraits, strings, images) will be loaded when playing God Challenges"

Mean I can change the Reckless Brigandine thumbnails and animation to look like a regular Brigandine? I like the armor but not so into the Huana Brigandine look, and have modded it to look like the regular Brigandine.  Want to do the God challenges and would love it to work.

Any help greatly appreciated!!

No modded game data files will be loaded, so you won't be able to change what icons or model visual data the armor is pointing to (well, the change won't be loaded in Magran's Fires). However, you could find the names of the icons that the Reckless Brigandine is pointing to and override those icons in a custom atlas as described in this tutorial.  You could override them with any image you like, including the images from the normal Brigandine.

Just need to get the water color versions done! 

attachicon.gifdaarik.png

Ty! Ty! Ty! something to do over the weekend :)

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy

Bug: Game v2.1.0.0021 no longer allows you to add new cyclopedia entries.1

It is no longer possible to add new cyclopedia entries through .gamedatabundle-files.

The game wont recognize the following GameDataObjects:

{

"GameDataObjects": [{

"$type": "Game.GameData.GlossaryEntryGameData, Assembly-CSharp",

"DebugName": "GlossaryEntry_The_Wheel",

"ID": "e0063488-d45e-4c0f-a428-ce446bbaf862",

"Components": [{

"$type": "Game.GameData.GlossaryEntryComponent, Assembly-CSharp",

"TermCyclopedia": 288372001,

"TermGui": -1,

"DescriptionCyclopedia": 288372002,

"DescriptionGui": -1,

"CategoryID": "c2b238b2-c72b-4770-b847-43d18678477c",

"ShowInJournal": "true",

"CaseSensitive": "false",

"AutomaticallyAddLinks": "true",

"LinkedEntriesIDs": [],

"ParentObjectID": "9a09068c-0b52-4a44-bb98-0119de678068"

}]

}]

}

This GlossaryEntryGameData will no longer works as intended when used in the latest beta patch (v2.1.0.0021).

The game still applies the AutomaticallyAddLinks property in a correct manner and highlights the new keyword (both in the cyclopedia and in dialogue text) although you wont be able to click on the link as it doesn't lead to a cyclopedia page, nor will a tooltip pop-up when hovering the hyperlink in dialogue text.

The .stringtable entries I'm trying to link to looks like this:

<Entry>

<ID>288372001</ID>

<DefaultText>The Wheel</DefaultText>

<FemaleText />

</Entry>

<Entry>

<ID>288372002</ID>

<DefaultText>Thought to be of Engwithian design, The Wheel—also known as “&lt;link="glossary://GlossaryEntry_Beraths_Wheel"&gt;Berath's Wheel&lt;/link&gt;” or the “Wheel of Life and &lt;xg&gt;Death&lt;/xg&gt;”—facilitates the process of reincarnation. Upon the death of a living creature, its soul enters the In-Between. When the In-Between grows full, souls move on to the Beyond where they wait to be redistributed into new bodies, new lives.

Without the Wheel, and therefore the means of moving into the Beyond, it is speculated that the souls of all who die would &lt;i&gt;remain&lt;/i&gt; in the In-Between. The Beyond would empty, eventually ending life as we know it in Eora.

It is not known, however, when the Wheel was constructed or what, if anything, came before it.</DefaultText>

<FemaleText />

</Entry>

Although I don't think these entries specifically are causing the bug as I've been able to get them to load properly by referencing them from an already existing GlossaryEntryGameData by doing this:

{

"GameDataObjects": [{

"$type": "Game.GameData.GlossaryEntryGameData, Assembly-CSharp",

"DebugName": "GlossaryEntry_Beraths_Wheel",

"ID": "6b1a6b57-477a-425f-b419-fb1bf57e0b2f",

"Components": [{

"$type": "Game.GameData.GlossaryEntryComponent, Assembly-CSharp",

"TermCyclopedia": 288372001,

"TermGui": -1,

"DescriptionCyclopedia": 288372002,

"DescriptionGui": -1,

"CategoryID": "c2b238b2-c72b-4770-b847-43d18678477c",

"ShowInJournal": "true",

"CaseSensitive": "false",

"AutomaticallyAddLinks": "true",

"LinkedEntriesIDs": ["6b1a6b57-477a-425f-b419-fb1bf57e0b2f", "68661c8d-52fa-4d8a-a722-0119e7403484", "30dd45b1-97e5-4d29-8a20-734a96df1feb"],

"ParentObjectID": "9a09068c-0b52-4a44-bb98-0119de678068"

}]

}]

}

I used the already existing GlossaryEntry_Beraths_Wheel to link to my new stringtable entries and it worked flawlessly. In other words: this issue seems to be isolated to new GameDataObjects and doesn't seem to affect already existing ones.

What I've done to try and isolate the bug:

• I double checked to see if the game uses either the DebugName or the UUID anywhere else in the game files (they're not).
  • I've tried running the game with a completely cleaned out "override" folder to see if the issue stems from any other mod (it doesn't).
  • I've gone through the output.txt log to try and narrow things down further but haven't seen any errors that might be causing this bug.

Although I should mention that the game doesn't like using the same entry name twice as I get this error in the output log:

ERROR: Duplicate glossary entry 'Glamfellen' in entries 'glossaryentry_Glamfellen' and 'GlossaryEntry_Cultures_Glamfellen_Subcat'.

Unfortunately fixing that error (caused by using the TermCyclopedia ID 1050 twice) did not resolve this issue.

I'm not sure what else I can be doing at this point except forwarding my findings to you BMac and the rest of the development team with the hope that this will be resolved before the patch goes live.

Only thing that springs to mind is that it might be caused by the following feature added in the patch:

• Mod data that doesn't affect gameplay (atlases, portraits, strings, images) will be loaded when playing God Challenges

Maybe the game, somehow, thinks that I am playing with God Challanges turned on (I'm not) and thus wont load new GameDataObjects?

---

All in all, awesome work on the new patch–really digging the new Enchantment UI and the ability to see your skill tree outside of leveling up, very nice additions to the game for sure!

Kind regards,

S.

---

Update on my situation:

I've managed to get the game to load the gamedatabundles but there doesn't seem to be anything in particular that makes them load. I've been trying to have a look at the output.txt log to try and figure out if there is something going on behind the scenes that I can fix but I haven't been able to see anything of note so far.

I will attach the output logs to this post in the hopes that they will make more sense to someone else.

output_log_020918.txt – Couldn't get any gamedatabundles to load in session.

output_log_020918_v2.txt – I was able to get the mods to load properly only on the last save game I loaded.

output_log_020918_v3.txt – I started a completely new game to eliminate the possibility that my old save was causing the problem but the gamedatabundle files didn't load during this session either.

--

Update #2:

For anyone reading this post (but skipping what BMac says just down below) this is a known issue that OBS is fixing before 2.1 goes live!

Hi my friend - been meaning to look into this for a few days now

Not fixed

I'm running fairly sparse

Errors in my output.log

ERROR: Duplicate glossary entry 'Glamfellen' in entries 'glossaryentry_Glamfellen' and 'GlossaryEntry_Cultures_Glamfellen_Subcat'.
ERROR: Could not load effect 'data/audio/ch/abl/sfx_abl_dru_wall_of_thorns.prefab' (referenced by 'Wall_of_Thorns_Wall').
ERROR: Could not load effect 'data/audio/ch/abl/sfx_abl_dru_wall_of_thorns.prefab' (referenced by 'Wall_of_Thorns_Wall').

Glamfellen is, I doubt, broken in any stringtable which leaves us design and ingame

Hang on - grepping it (takes ages - copies game to Linux box for this kinda search)

Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire/PillarsOfEternityII_Data/lax2_exported/design/gamedata/lax2_gui.gamedatabundle
Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire/PillarsOfEternityII_Data/exported/design/gamedata/gui.gamedatabundle

The first report I have of this is 2018-08-07_215316/output_log.txt (about 10PM on 7th August)

Theoretically lax2 overrides base which we can override in mod

There are loads of stringtable references (a serious number)

Analytically something is wrong ingame

• Like 1

OK Fair warning has been applied

I'm gonna move the domain to https://perspak.com early Feb but will keep all content

There are reasons behind this move which basically boil down to unifying my release schedule

My friends are welcome to play (I'll set you up your own areas if you desire them)

Please note that this process is messy so may take a few weeks 

Yeah - it sucks and going on our poll in team 43% of our group can't do Steam Workshop

This hurts both Steam and OBS so (as per my group post) I'm attempting to work a solution out

Note that this may never be resolved

It'll at least need to go thru internal politics with both Steam + OBS

I simply hope we get some resolution to this sooner rather than later

Steam Workshop is full of one ModDevs replicated Mods and many of us can't even upload to Steam

I have legal recourse in the UK but I don't wanna use it - I fix it for all of us (our group) or nobody

Stuck this on BMac (sorry my friend - I need someone to contact to pass it on to marketing / sales etc)

I'm gonna move the domain to https://perspak.com early Feb but will keep all content

There are reasons behind this move which basically boil down to unifying my release schedule

My friends are welcome to play (I'll set you up your own areas if you desire them)

• 3 months later...

Hehe

Been playing with gui/portraits

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/286/

You can also do NPCs and animal_companions (the latter are a bit pointless)