KOTOR 2 Dismemberment Poll

Would u like to see dismemberment in Kotor 2?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Would u like to see dismemberment in Kotor 2?

• Absolutely!!
    • Hell No, this isn't jedi outcast
    • Yes, as long as its random when it happens
    • Yes, as long as its a force power,"force dismemberment"
    • Yes, as a cheat once u have beaten the game
    • who cares

They could do it like Fallout's critical hits animations.

Think about it:

Random Sith Soldier : 50 hp

You (high level character perhaps) hit him for 70 hp, basically insta-killing him

Since you're attack was overkill they could show some kind of cool death animation where his body falls in half or his arm falls off. It wouldn't really have an affect on the gameplay but it would show that he was pretty much outclassed and decimated.

You probably won't be fighting enemies that you greatly outclass, or at least not often. Its better than random dismemberment, but I think the dev's time would be better spent elsewhere.

Think about it:

You (high level character perhaps) hit him for 70 hp, basically insta-killing him

Since you're attack was overkill they could show some kind of cool death animation where his body falls in half or his arm falls off.  It wouldn't really have an affect on the gameplay but it would show that he was pretty much outclassed and decimated.

You probably won't be fighting enemies that you greatly outclass, or at least not often. Its better than random dismemberment, but I think the dev's time would be better spent elsewhere.

I'm not really to keen on dismemberment myself, I was just thinking of a way to implement it for the people who want it without having to drastically change the code. Also, if the enemies are anything like they were in the original then we will be fighting many enemies lower than us that we outclass. By the end of the first game I found myself insta-killing maybe 1 out of 3 enemies. But, hopefully they'll fix that so the game is possibly *GASP* challenging.

Think about it:

Since you're attack was overkill they could show some kind of cool death animation where his body falls in half or his arm falls off.  It wouldn't really have an affect on the gameplay but it would show that he was pretty much outclassed and decimated.

I'm not really to keen on dismemberment myself, I was just thinking of a way to implement it for the people who want it without having to drastically change the code. Also, if the enemies are anything like they were in the original then we will be fighting many enemies lower than us that we outclass. By the end of the first game I found myself insta-killing maybe 1 out of 3 enemies. But, hopefully they'll fix that so the game is possibly *GASP* challenging.

Well, I'd think it'd only happen, if at all, during the middle of the game. In KOTOR, in the beginning, the enemies were about par with you. By the second or third planet I'd be in my teens, level-wise. And some enemies were fairly easy. Though that was probably more dependant on what order you did the planets. That sort've changed by the end, with the miniature Rancors, and the endless waves of Dark Jedi and troopers on the Star Forge.

It might be useful, but not terribly.