Possible to change MC model into companion godlike models?

Hello!

I am curious, haven't found anything about this so far, but has anyone tried or knows a way with a mod or savegame editor perhaps to make your main character look like the unplayable godlikes?

Use Tekehu's model for example.

I haven't tried this with non-playable godlikes but with the console you can easily switch the player race:

setPlayerRace <player_name> godlike moon_godlike

You'll not get the racial ability as far as I remember. That you'd have to add manually with

addabilty <player_name> <ability_name>

and remove your original race's ability:

removeability <player_name> <ability_name>

After that you's have to go and alter your appearance via char-sheet-->appearance button.

I suspect this also works with other, non-mc-playable godlike models as well, but I'm not sure. I mean Tekehu's and Vatnir's races are fully developed for playing, so I see no reason why this should not work.

If you want to keep achievements you would want to use the Unity console mod (Nexusmods).

Edit: I tested this - unfortunately Obsidian impmented no "face" option for non-mc-playable godlikes. YOu can switch to their race, but you will have an invisible char model because you can't choose head variants in the appearance screen. Too bad, sorry.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Thanks for the attempt Boeroer! Appreciate it!

Too bad really...Vatnir's Ending Godlike is badass really. Feels such a waste you can't use that race.

Edited by Hazmy

I haven't tried this with non-playable godlikes but with the console you can easily switch the player race:

setPlayerRace <player_name> godlike moon_godlike
You'll not get the racial ability as far as I remember. That you'd have to add manually with

addabilty <player_name> <ability_name>
and remove your original race's ability:

removeability <player_name> <ability_name>
After that you's have to go and alter your appearance via char-sheet-->appearance button.

I suspect this also works with other, non-mc-playable godlike models as well, but I'm not sure. I mean Tekehu's and Vatnir's races are fully developed for playing, so I see no reason why this should not work.

If you want to keep achievements you would want to use the Unity console mod (Nexusmods).

Edit: I tested this - unfortunately Obsidian impmented no "face" option for non-mc-playable godlikes. YOu can switch to their race, but you will have an invisible char model because you can't choose head variants in the appearance screen. Too bad, sorry.

I was trying to do the same, but without luck.

i would try to use Pallegina, Tekehu and Vatnir faces in character creation, yesterday i made a quck test with Pallegina face but atm some sort of bug happens in my attempt. Maybe with more effort we can achieve that.

Edited by kilay
  • Like 1

Btw, Vatnir is a moongodlike, as far as Giacolo's Heart-Chime Amulet is concerned. ^^

Everybody seems to be. No matter my race - I always get Lunar Heart or what it's called. I mean +1 PL permanently is not bad at all - it's just weird.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Work in progress
I have put different head atm i'm using human meadow heads and with another mod i can change colors of the skins to my liking.

How stated by Boeroer they are headless (this could be a good point for another mod :p) but in appearance editor i'm able to switch to any head i need (i can also add all of them), i have to make more test and try if Pallegina and other character's heads work

Btw racial abilities are properly added and the project is absolutely doable

Pillars_of_Eternity_II_Deadfire_Screensh

Edited by kilay

I know that  the original request was about models but in part is solved just the face is not usable while the body match the race

Edited by kilay

i'm able to unlock other hidden subraces without too many troubles (atm just the godlikes but maybe also spirit are doable :p) , but even if the subrace itself doesn't give issue about the mechanics there are some drawbacks about the appearance of the characters.

- the head will never have specific characteristic of the subrace

- the plumage of avian godlikes is available just to female with human corporature

- Marine Godlikes fins are available only to male with human corporature

- Endings Godlikes male have a a corporature of an asessuate male naled (with any corporature) and don't have the characteristic wounds of the subrace, Female are just like human female naked

What do you think should i publish this also with those drawbacks? Can someone be interested?

and of course i would also try to add other subraces (with other bonuses)...e.g.  drow race is doable and have no appearance drawbacks

Pillars_of_Eternity_II_Deadfire_ScreenshPillars_of_Eternity_II_Deadfire_Screensh

Edited by kilay
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...

Hey guys, sorry for digging this thread up

I have been trying to make it possible to use Eder's head, hair and pipe for my MC because honestly the faces and the beards look really bad. 

I tried following this topic, but didn't manage to achieve anything

Thanks in advance!