BoW Dragon disappearing, getting stuck and invincible and Maiya becoming imortal with 0 hp permanently

hovca

Question

Hello there! Just finished BoW and ive encountered some bugs during the final dragon bossfight.

On first attempt everything went smoothly until it jumped at a party member standing on the left island (with the huana king), where (i assume) it got killed.

When the animation of it being defeated played, it immediately rose back up, became untargetable and kept on attacking, but was unable to move.

Had to reload the save. 

On second attempt i tried to keep everyone on the main platform to avoid her getting bugged again. Everything went fine, though when she did her jump attack, the model dissapeared and wouldnt appear until she jumped again. the model was stuck in the skydive position i think cause when she cast scorching ray it was shooting down from above the character.

This time though i killed her without a problem and managed to continue. Alas after i loaded up the next area i noticed that Maia apparently died in the fight (red portrait, 0 hit points) yet she was still walking fighting and working normally, but couldnt regenerate hp, couldnt heal by sleeping and was practically immortal. Tried reviving her with magic, sleeping, nothing helped and she is the same after finishing the dlc and getting back to the ship. I dont really want to load the pre fight save so id have to kill the dragon (and beast of winter) again, but i dont want her to stay bugged for the next two DLCs (shes my favorite companion :D )

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance :)

4 answers to this question

Just want to chime in that the "Maia immortal at 0hp"-thing happened to me as well but during the first fight with The Messenger. It seemed to happen when he does that beam attack, though the same did not happen to my main character when he was subjected to it. 

Maia is using Blightheart and I saw it proc around the same time, not sure if that's related.

Update: Exact same thing happened in the final fight. If Maia dies to the beam she apparently becomes an immortal zombie forever. Also experienced both that Neriscyrlas turned untargetable and immobile but still able to fight as well as getting stuck in the air, of which only the latter resolved itself. 

Edited by SandEngineer

Just want to chime in that the "Maia immortal at 0hp"-thing happened to me as well but during the first fight with The Messenger. It seemed to happen when he does that beam attack, though the same did not happen to my main character when he was subjected to it. 

Maia is using Blightheart and I saw it proc around the same time, not sure if that's related. 

Exact same issue here. The Dragon does the purple beam attack, Maia's HP is reduced to 0 but does not die, or take any more damage. I finished the DLC and got back onboard my ship, swapped her out and then back into my party, still had the issue. Even after reloading and all that jazz, she's still stuck in a zombie state.

Exact same issue here. The Dragon does the purple beam attack, Maia's HP is reduced to 0 but does not die, or take any more damage. I finished the DLC and got back onboard my ship, swapped her out and then back into my party, still had the issue. Even after reloading and all that jazz, she's still stuck in a zombie state.

Can verify that nothing seems to reset Maia to normality; neither resting, removing & re-adding to party, nor saving and loading. 

Anyone tried a save editor or similar?

Also, interestingly the Life in Death healing aura from the Blackened Plate Armor deals NaN damage to Maia every tick now according to the combat log and the floating combat text says -2 147 483 648. 

Hey everyone!

Sorry about the Zombie Maia issue that has presented during the Neriscyrlas fight.  The developers all saw this during a stream and are working on a fix for this as we speak.  We hope to have a fix out for this in one of the upcoming patches.  Maia is my favorite companion as well, so I want her to be perfect (although invincible Maia is kinda cool).