Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Character Creation - stuck at select gender

Character creation bug

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

onlynoobskite

onlynoobskite

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

I'm stuck at the select gender stage of character creation on a new game. When I click the next button after a gender is selected, the button depresses and then the view zooms in but doesn't progress to the next stage. Output log below, I clicked the next button 6 times then exited the game. There looks to be a null reference exception triggered each time in the output.

I've tried full re-install, and verified the files with steam. Steam overlay, and Geforce experience overlay disabled/enabled. Windowed/full-screen mode, different resolutions, no fix in any case. Nvidia GTX 970 driver 398.36, windows/steam version

I played the game on launch patch with no issues. I tried again after the latest patch ahead of the the new content and the issue above rose up. 

My previous saves are also buggy (merchant buy/sell windows are not launching from dialogue) and character stats are odd (though the latter is probably from playing with the console to reset characters when the stat re-roll bug was around in an earlier patch) - not too worried about this bit though as looking to re-roll a new game anyways.

Cheers

Output log (failed character creation on new game - next button after gender hit 6 times)
https://www.dropbox....ut_log.txt?dl=0

Mirandel

Mirandel

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Same here. Re-installed the game, verified files - same thing.

Mirandel

Mirandel

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

As it was suggested here: https://forums.obsid...tion/?p=2071429

removing Override folder helped.

Edited by Mirandel, 02 August 2018 - 01:28 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Character creation, bug

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users