A question to the developers about crafting.

Why should I spend several very very rare ingredients that permanently enchant my armor or weapon for a potion that only

6 seconds lasts?

Or, why should I spend points on alchemy if I can not find enough ingredients for it?

With PoE1 that was better solved, the ingredients for Alchemy were not as strong in competition with Enchantment and Scrolls.

The result is that I do not use Alchemy and Scrolls because I need the ingredients for enchantment.

There are not enough ingredients in the world, or rather, some are very rare and others have tons of it. Here was the balance with PoE1 also better.

For information, I have PoE2 already played through three times.

Greetings.

Agreed, theres not much sense in crafting. Everything is available in abundance anyways, the difficulty curve falls off pretty much after the first 1/3 of the game so theres little use for consumables later on.

I'd say it depends a bit on the build and the consumable though. Not all potions are as readily available, and especially if you want a character to be using the same one often I've found you do need craft them yourself. And also eg. with a dedicated grenadier character for example. Though indeed, for a lot of scrolls and potions merchant ships in particular are a good source to keep you supplied. 

About it lasting six seconds by the way, if you have high Alchemy skill it'll also last quite a bit longer than that. The Alchemy is for the usage rather than the crafting itself (and same with scrolls/Arcana, etc.).