*THIS THREAD IS ONLY FOR ADDRESSING THE ISSUES LISTED HERE. FOR ALL OTHER BUGS, PLEASE CREATE A SEPARATE POST.*
The purpose of this thread is to address major issues that we have seen a significant amount of users experiencing. To accomplish this, we are reaching out to you in the community for as much information as possible on these topics to help us investigate and ultimately resolve these issues. Any aid you can provide us with is greatly appreciated, but before that, here are some standards:
1. Please provide us with the necessary files: DxDiag, output log, save file(s), screenshots, videos, etc.
2. Provide detailed and specific steps with appropriate context to your issue
3. State the OS (Window, Mac, Linux) and platform (Steam, GOG, MacPlay, Origin) you are using
Save Files Being Deleted:
We are aware of users experiencing their save files disappearing and are working hard to investigate the cause. Details we are looking for specific to this issue are the following:
- Are your saves not present from the Main Menu screen in-game? Or are the files completely gone from your save file location?
Note: Your save files should be found in your respective platform's file destination https://support.obsi...me-files-stored
- Do you have Cloud Sync enabled? Or have you disabled Cloud Sync recently? (Disabling Cloud Sync will not sync to any save files created in the Cloud)
- What patch versions have your saves been present through? (ex: Patch v1.0.2 - Patch v1.1.1)
- Did your saves disappear right after updating to this latest patch? Or did this occur on this latest patch sometime while you were playing?
- Do newly created save files also disappear?
- Are you switching between different platforms? (ex: PC to Mac, Linux to PC, Mac to Linux, etc.)
- Anything else you can think of that you think may have caused this to occur
Crash/Freeze upon entering Arena Sub-level:
We are committed to fixing this issue and after much analysis, we've come to the conclusion that we need one of your rigs that is experiencing the issue to runs tests on for ourselves. Specifically, we are requesting that anyone who is nearby to our Irvine office to please physically bring in their computer so that we may have our programmers discern the direct cause of this crash. If you are nearby, experiencing this issue, and are willing to let us borrow your machine for analysis, please message me directly so that I may look into setting up an appointment for you.
Users have reported experiencing a crash/freeze upon transitioning into Arena Sub-level from the Engwithan Digsite. Details we are looking for specific to this issue are the following:
- Do you experience this crash/freeze upon clicking on the area transition, during the loading screen, or after you've entered Arena Sub-level?
- Are you able to cheat into the scene using the Debug Transition console?
Note: To do this, type ` and then type iRoll20s in the command line and press enter to enable cheats. Then press F11 and select Arena Sub-level from the Map list and click Start.
- Are you experiencing this issue on a new game save file created from this latest patch? (currently 2.0.0.0017) or on a save file created from a previous patch? Please attempt to transition to Arena Sub-level on a new game save created on the latest patch.
- Have you experienced this issue on previous patch version(s) and if so, which ones?
- Have you ever been able to enter Arena Sub-level successfully and then it stopped working? Or have you never been able to enter Arena Sub-level?
When you experience the freeze issue upon entering Arena Sub-level, Alt+Tab and run Task Manager. Then right click Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire in the "Processes" list and click "Create dump file". Send that dump file to us as an email attachment at email@example.com with this post linked.
Black Screen upon launching the client:
Users have reported experiencing a black screen upon launching the client. Details we are looking for specific to this issue are the following:
- Do you hear any game audio?
- Are you able to interact with the Main Menu blindly and load a save to get past the black screen?
- Is this current patch the first time you've encountered this issue? (currently 1.2)
- If you've encountered this issue on a previous patch version(s) and this is still occurring, which patch version(s) have you had this issue occur on?
- Is your OS (Windows, Mac, Linux) up to date?
- Are your graphics drivers up to date?