[BUG 1.2] Impossible to set up Custom AI Behaviours

Loub

Question

The latest patch seems to have broken something in the subwindows for setting Conditions and Abilities in the Behaviour Editor, as I shall describe:

You cannot select any ability or condition (clicking them does nothing most of the time, neither are they ever highlighted), scroll down with either the mousewheel or the bar itself or even close the window itself without pressing "esc" - in fact, clicking anything on the screen, in or outside the window, is ill advised as it might randomly spawn dozens of duplicates (which go away when pressing "esc", fortunately), but not crash the game itself.

This is really a shame because 90% of the fun I have in this game comes from setting up AI scripts in the first place (hardcore theorycrafter).

5 answers to this question

It may be similiar to my issue I had - I couldnt use abilities (they were greyed out and placed in one row outside character icons). I removed mods/unity console and verified steam install, but problem persisted, reinstall did the job though. Maybe it could help you?

Yes this happens to me a lot too. At first I thought it was one of my mods but after removing them all it still happens. Ususally what I do is I just quit to main menu then load the save again. This usually works until I encounter the issue again.

You could try a workaround that I post on this thread: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/103308-12-behavior-editor-is-broken

For those who has this bug, you could try to access the Custom AI Screen directly, by right-clicking the icon on the bottom left of the screen (three icons where you could choose between AI: Off, Auto Attack Only, and Custom AI), not from Character Sheet or Inventory Screen.

I just tried that and it works. I just remembered that the character sheet is sometimes broken by not showing attribute breakdown.

If you guys could also do this than the real culprit is the menu screen which can't deliver AI screen correctly.