Is it me or is the world less dynamic?

I remember reading in previews that the world felt more alive.

Sure there a more people walking around and conversing, but in 50 hrs not much has changed.

Spoilers

Mirke and the Deadlight pirates are still saying the same thing after I killed Ben. The Barletto family still has no one at the helm after the matron was taking away by guards. I let slaves lose from Crookspur...for what? They still have countless ships running slaves. And Serafan didn't even comment the entire quest!

I feel like PoE 2 regresses slightly in this area. I can only imagine how had it would be to code all the different variables to quests, but when a quest ends, rarely doesn't anything change. Am I crazy or missing something?!

I didnt notice much difference between previews and actual game.

Tis true that game isn't terribly reactive - or rather: all reactivity is handcrafted, so while it is impressive when it is happening, sometimes it doesn't when it should, or some areas are completely static. I see the world map as the biggest offender - I think it could use some systemic systemsm which would reinforce choices/relationships you have forge, but it is a static enviroment with predetermined amount of ships. 

Deadfire gives me a Witcher3 feel, with it feeling great while it last but as I move forward it becomes more and more empty. I think in Deadfire it is more apparent and easier for the illusion to get dispelled.