How to get out of a hostile Undercroft peacefully

Greetings, I have seen this problem discussed before, and today I also ran into it. The solution probably requires having spoken to Enoi in the Gullet for the 'Food for thought' quest line.

Problem A: going through the old City ruins and trying to leave via the Undercroft without having been invited leads to everybody being hostile upon detection. Bad for Principi reputation. Two exits are available: a boat to the Queen's Berth, an elevator to Delver's Row.

Problem B: boat is hard to reach without being detected and possibly sets the entirety of Mad Morena's crew against you.

Problem C: elevator to Delver's Row is way easier to reach without detection (across the river by rope, sneak past the few guards), BUT in Delver's Row the elevator is guarded by Dereo's thugs who will turn hostile if you haven't been to Delver's Row and haven't worked with Dereo up to the point where you would have access. Super bad for Delver's Row reputation.

Solution: do not get detected after arriving in Delver's Row with the elevator, but immediately take the elevator down again. NOW let them detect you - a dialogue should open, where you can pass a bluff check to see Mad Morena and talk to her about food for the Gullet. After that you can leave to the Queen's Berth without problems.

This took me 15 minutes of trial and error saved me from reloading a save from before over 1,5h spent in the old City ruins. Phew. ^^

• Like 2

Some good advice here.  But I just killed the thugs that detect you when you enter Delver's Row from the Undercroft.  The reputation hit wasn't that bad and it didn't break any quests (apart from letting me skip ahead in Pallengina's quest). 

Some good advice here.  But I just killed the thugs that detect you when you enter Delver's Row from the Undercroft.  The reputation hit wasn't that bad and it didn't break any quests (apart from letting me skip ahead in Pallengina's quest). 

Yeah, it's more annoying than actually hurting your progress. The generic merchant in the main alley won't talk to you anymore, and the prices in all the other shops will go up.

If you sneak down to the southeast from the old city, all the way east (it turns north at the end) there's a rowboat that will take you to Queen's Berth. 

*Whoops, didn't see that in the replies but it was in the Op.

I didn't have any problem getting past Mad Morena's crew, the water shapers saw me and didn't attack.

That said, I had started the quest from Dario, even though I hadn't picked up the okay to head into the Old City and went down the lift. Also, it was 1.0, so maybe patches changed something?

Edited by Clawdius_Talonious

If you sneak down to the southeast from the old city, all the way east (it turns north at the end) there's a rowboat that will take you to Queen's Berth. 

*Whoops, didn't see that in the replies but it was in the Op.

I didn't have any problem getting past Mad Morena's crew, the water shapers saw me and didn't attack.

That said, I had started the quest from Dario, even though I hadn't picked up the okay to head into the Old City and went down the lift. Also, it was 1.0, so maybe patches changed something?

There seem to be many possible quest states involved here, for me everyone in the Undercroft was hostile including the water shapers, so I couldn't reach the boat without killing everyone.

Dunno about patch 1.1 yet, but right now it seems rather impossible to say who will or won't attack you when you go there :D

Worst case would be going to the Undercroft before visting delvers row, not having contacted Dereo, and without even having the food for thought quest. No idea if my method would still work without the last one.

Edited by M4xw0lf
  • Like 1

I was able to sneak out.
i manually grabbed each character and one by one moved them from the cave entrance to the dingy. its kinda annoying and time consuming but it can be done relatively easy. Didnt need any items to do it either