How to Get Whispers of the Endless Paths/What Other Decisions Are Bugged?

Hey guys,

So I'm curious about how to get the Whispers of the Endless Paths. I select the option in the history generator to say that I reforged the Blade of the Endless Paths, but it only gives me the fragments for one of the swords that I need. I recall reading that the option is bugged and that to get both, you have to select that you didn't reforge the blade. Is this the case, and are there any other options in the history creator that are bugged? 

Also, which other notable options give significant tangible rewards? I know that if you don't let the Devil of Caroc complete her revenge you get access to a really good piece of armor, though I probably won't be pursuing that for roleplay reasons. I also know that if you let the Sky Dragon live, you get a pet - but I'm not sure if mortally wounding her counts as "letting her live." 

Basically, which decisions are broken - assuming they even come up at all - and which ones are tied to actual items in the game, rather than characters having a slightly different attitude/set of dialogue options with you? 

I also know that if you let the Sky Dragon live, you get a pet - but I'm not sure if mortally wounding her counts as "letting her live."

Wait, what? What pet is that? :)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

For some reason,  in *created* histories, you have to pick "did not forge the blade of the endless paths" in order for the blade fragments to show up in your game.

I have personally confirmed that in created saves, sending the Devil of Caroc to the blood pool currently lets you get her armor AND her blood pool bonus at least in my game, but others have reported this didn't work for them.

A lot of stuff just seems to not work in imported saves. My imported save has basically nothing carrying over -- no Hasongo bonuses, no free cannon, nothing -- despite having made most of those choices.

Edited by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

I also know that if you let the Sky Dragon live, you get a pet - but I'm not sure if mortally wounding her counts as "letting her live."

Wait, what? What pet is that? :)

I forget where exactly you get it, but you can find a baby Sky Dragon in a Xaurip nest. I think it's in that temple near Neketaka with the Steel Garrote. 

For some reason,  in *created* histories, you have to pick "did not forge the blade of the endless paths" in order for the blade fragments to show up in your game.

I have personally confirmed that in created saves, sending the Devil of Caroc to the blood pool currently lets you get her armor AND her blood pool bonus at least in my game, but others have reported this didn't work for them.

A lot of stuff just seems to not work in imported saves. My imported save has basically nothing carrying over -- no Hasongo bonuses, no free cannon, nothing -- despite having made most of those choices.

Wait, free cannon? Where do you get THAT? From binding the souls to the cannons at the Battery? 

Also, I hope that 1.1 contains a lot more bug squishing in regards to the save imports/created saves. It's annoying not being able to get your completed experience carried over. 

Edited by Cyrus_Blackfeather

Choose to not ​reforge the blade, worked for me.

PS Oops, I already started to automatically reply without reading the description.

Edited by PIRI