a way to get more class resources?

I've definitely found a couple pieces of equipment that add a couple points of a specific resource. One was for Fighter (Discipline) and another was for Monk (Mortification)

Aloth massages his temples, shaking his head.

As people have mentioned, leveling up is the main way, it seems your character gains more resource points every time they reach a new power level.  From my experimentation, the Prestige talent also increases your power pool (since it's a permanent +1 power level), but it comes so late as to not be a real factor and may not be worth it anyway depending on the class/build you're using (and just plain isn't available to mult-classed characters). Fighters & paladins also have a passive ability they can select during level up to give +1 to their  max power pool.  Other classes may have similar but I haven't gone in-depth enough to verify this for any of the others.

For non-level related sources, both Monks & Fighters have equipment for the hand slot (bracers/gloves/whatever) that increases their power max pool by 2.  Saying this as non-spoilery as possible: there is a breastplate in the game that increase the max for any applicable class by 2, but its availability in-game is based on your world state (POE1 decisions, either from save import or the generic/custom created backgrounds). 

The only ways to recover class resources in-combat are class abilities, very specific equipment, or the Brilliant Inspiration (+5 Int +1 power level +1 class resource/6? sec).  Some classes have passives for it, usually resource generation on kill.  Some abilities have resource "refund" baked into them when enhanced, usually with some type of pre-requisite (IE the attack crits, or kills an enemy, etc.)  

The only item effect I've seen that generates resources is a Soulbound dagger for Paladins/Priests/Rogues that generates them when you use one of it's Soulbind abilities to kill a target. 

The last one, the Brilliant inspiration, is probably the easiest to gain access to but still requires a moderately high level.  This is because, as far as I can determine, the only source of Brilliant available to players is a chanter 7th level invocation: "Set to Their Purpose, They All Knew Their Part".  This is the upgrade to a lvl 5 Invocation: "The Bride Caught their Ruse and Set to Make them Pay".  Due to the mechanics changes in POE2 you can start every combat with this ability if you want to, since chanter phrases fill to the max available at the start of every combat.  Thus, it is available almost on-demand & "all you need" is a chanter of high enough level to cast lvl 7 invocations (13 single class, 19 multi-classed).  That's still pretty late in the game, but 13 for a single-class chanter seems early enough to be useful.

That's all the things I'm aware of at this point, through digging through wikis, game files, & such.

Edited by Seroster01