This build will work on any Swashbuckler but works perfectly with Eder.  This build is pretty self sufficient and makes good use of the AI. 

The core of this build is gaining as many Engagements as possible, keep them all Flanked with Persistent Distraction, and then stack as much bonus Flanking and Engagement bonuses as possible.

You can decide between Mob Stance and Guardian Stance and probably have enough points for both.  Most of your extra skill points will go to Fighter skills and you will mostly be using the Rogue Passives.

While you can use a Shield, where the build can get really fun is dual wielding Stalker's Patience (Bonus Damage against Flanked based on Stealth) and Kapana Taga (Bonus Damage per Engaged Target). 

These two weapons both can give +4 Engagement when using the Spear Modal.  Add Persistent Distraction to that are you are already at +5.  Guardian Stance gets you to +8. At some point you will max out the number of enemies that are on the screen at any one time.

For armor you have a number of good choices like Reckless Brigandine which improves action speed for each target engaged.

Combat is pretty simple, Charge at the biggest group of Mobs and they get knocked down if they try to run away.  If you want to get even more powerful set Mob Stance before Charging and then switch to Guardian after the first kill.  It would be nice if you could have the AI swap between stances based on Numbers engaged.

Anyone have any thoughts on fun additional items?  Having a Wizard drop a Pull of Eora is always good fun.

Edited by ntbittle
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

OP, I love this build, and I'm using it myself for Eder. Would you be willing to put it into the format that is needed to have it on the Builds thread? I'd like to see it there.

By the way, another weapon that works really well with this build is The Last Word. Between that weapon and the two you mentioned, you can have one all-pierce weapon set (Stalker's Patience and The Last Word) and one all-crush weapon set (Kapana Tanga and The Last Word), or you can go with the mixed set you recommended. Gives some extra versatility.

The ring that gives you deflection per enemy that engages you is also good on this build.

• 2 years later...
On 5/29/2018 at 6:50 AM, ntbittle said:

No kidding. A bunch of the armor styles just look horrible.

I really thought you guys were being dramatic at first; I went back to do this quest and I found out you guys were actually underrating the problem. The reckless brigandine is something special.

It looks like something Magic Johnson’s kid wore the second time he ever went to a gay bar.

It is perfectly in line with all the other Huana gear. I just guess players completely miss that the Reckless Brigandine is of Huana origin. As is Kapana Taga (and some other stuff as well). Basically all hide armors are of Huana style and therefore have this very "special" look that absolutely doesn't look like the usual european medieval stuff. 

The "gay bar" remark was pretty uncalled for. Obviously this armor looks more like something you'd wear when going to the Loveparade or Burning Man...

I like to build an Unbroken/Trickster Mataru as main tank - basically like this build but with Cadhu Scalth instead of Stalker's Patience. The shield fits very well (stylisticly) with Kapana Taga and the Brigandine. Unfortunately there's only one good unique helmet that also looks fine with this: White Witch Mask. Fortunately its enchantments fit the Trickster part quite well, so it's ok. For all other helmets there's the "hide headgear" option on the char sheet. 

If you roll with the Huana style it's nice. Of course Edér isn't the best fit - I mean visually - for such a setup. I use an Aumaua of course. Best if skin color and pattern harmonize with the outfit. ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

On 9/10/2020 at 10:57 PM, Boeroer said:

The "gay bar" remark was pretty uncalled for. Obviously this armor looks more like something you'd wear when going to the Loveparade or Burning Man...

I did, in fact, truly LOL at this.

and by the way, thank you for all your work here. Between builds, answering questions, as well as calling b.s. if you have to. 

ive wasted at least 24 hours between the creation/reroll/inventory screens just frozen in the vast sea of decisions; you’ve helped make my life easier; I appreciate you helping make that easier.

well, slightly

• Haha 1