Path of the damned + Scaliing. its that crazy?

Im going a run of pillars 1 so i can jump to pillars 2 and also remember the story. 

I met the scaling on WM and ACT3 but im not really finding the game much fun after the scale.  (Im on lv11 now). 

Im meeting enemys with a Acc of 110 vs will or For  and this is a crazy value that i can´t see how to make my warriors or paladin to meet those requirements and try to resist on their own.

Specially vs stun as there is only 1 single target spell that stop this. 

im not a super fan of scrolls and potions,  sure, using them in one hard battle is ok and desirable,  but having to use them for every single time i meet a enemy magic caster its too much for my taste as the battles become less of a challenge and more of a boss fight. 

Specially as durance and other casters don´t have a infinite amount of spells and every battle i use most of them, forcing me to rest and return to the city multiple times to clear a dungeon.  (And thinking of going with little to no spells becomes impossible, specially with WM heroes). 

so im doing something wrong or the game really wishes me to spam scrolls, potions, spells every battle that have a Mage with confuse/dominate/stun ? 

There are guys who think that Path of the Damned is easy. You can meet them on the character builds section where they discuss the relative merits of different power builds and do mathematical calculations in order to refine them. They have played through the game multiple times and know how to approach every battle.

I think that the game is hard even on veteran difficulty. 

The White March presents a difficulty spike. 

And in addition, you have upscaled it.

Since you needed to remember the story, I doubt that you know how to approach every battle.

I guess you made the game too hard for yourself.

Edited by wih

PotD is not very difficult (for a whole party) if you know the game in and out - even with scaling (although this makes some boss fights considerably tougher).

Meta knowledge is a huge advantage - a lot more important than a good build or the perfect party composition.

But if you don't have meta knowledge and know not much about how the mechanics actually work it will be very, very tough in some spots.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

PotD is not very difficult (for a whole party) if you know the game in and out - even with scaling (although this makes some boss fights considerably tougher).

Meta knowledge is a huge advantage - a lot more important than a good build or the perfect party composition.

But if you don't have meta knowledge and know not much about how the mechanics actually work it will be very, very tough in some spots.

Bosses are scaled? Like Dragons?  I never noticed.  But play TC a lot so so I am not always highlighting the combat log to reference defenses.  I forget.  I know Thaos is scaled though if you choose.  Although I find scaling debatable in PoTD.  The AI is already cheating, I have done it on some runs and not on others.

Have gun will travel.

i  fixed my problem. 

I did spent a good time restarting and also making a respec to make sure everyone had  Body Control + Bear Endurance to make sure they always had top fortitude vs paralyse and stun.   

On top of that i was luck to find 3 fenswalkers, 2 on my warriors and the third on my priest. 
Also made a copy of the tempered helm covering +2 members for a total of 5 members close to immune to stun + paralyse.   

So now my warrior from 90-100 fort vs stun/paralyse have 144 now.  (138 at lv13, moment i posted topic).   And the others around 120. 

With this i fixed the stunlock problem that was the main issue i was having.  
Also i stopped trying to equip everyone and started to use my inventory as a "bank" so everyone going to the bench had to give up its rings, boots and helmet.   Boring micro but it does help a ton and i spend less time dying or resting this way. 

Im still trying to make my 2h barbarian  really viable (At least compared to my other classes) as there is little hope for her low Deflection,  but outside of that im good now and close to finish the game :).  

but it did too hours and hours searching the forum and wiki for metaknowledge like boerer said.   Without that PoTD + Scaling is very very hard to impossible. 

im even taking out the dragons kind of easy now :). (got adra and alpine,  2 left).  

Should not take long for me to finish the game. 
Anyway thx  :)

Edited by sterrius
  • Like 1

But didn't you bring a priest for prayers or use the equivalent scrolls? Those totally remove the threat of paralyze/petrify (not stun though, but in my opinion that's less of a problem compared to paralyze).

• Like 1

Bosses are scaled? Like Dragons?  I never noticed.  But play TC a lot so so I am not always highlighting the combat log to reference defenses.  I forget.  I know Thaos is scaled though if you choose.  Although I find scaling debatable in PoTD.  The AI is already cheating, I have done it on some runs and not on others.

PoE 1 scales along the critical path. So the Sky Dragon is scaled up (as it's part of a main story quest), but the Adra Dragon is not.

the_ultimate.png

Done with Moon Godlike Wizard

Bounties are also scaled. Those are the toughest for me personally (while still not being very tough).

Because it's easy for me to CC a single dragon but really difficult to CC all bounty members at once (while they are all reasonably powerful while dragon's adds usually are not - except maybe Andragans).

• Like 1

But didn't you bring a priest for prayers or use the equivalent scrolls? Those totally remove the threat of paralyze/petrify (not stun though, but in my opinion that's less of a problem compared to paralyze).

With low fortitude it was easy for them to strike a hit/critical on stun going from the usual 2-4s to deadly 5+s.   While spending 2 talentes to counter stuns is kind of a overkill it did fixed the problem for good. 

Paralyse i usually use 1 per combat, on White march a lot of combats have too many to be over in 20s.   That usually left me being paralysed specially with my group formation that used the devil and the ghosts really loved to target her. 

on this run i went with my main group instead of playing around.   

• 4 weeks later...

PoE 1 scales along the critical path. So the Sky Dragon is scaled up (as it's part of a main story quest), but the Adra Dragon is not.

He was making a joke, a pun on the word "scaled"... as in "dragon scales".

Im going a run of pillars 1 so i can jump to pillars 2 and also remember the story. 

I met the scaling on WM and ACT3 but im not really finding the game much fun after the scale.  (Im on lv11 now). 

Im meeting enemys with a Acc of 110 vs will or For  and this is a crazy value that i can´t see how to make my warriors or paladin to meet those requirements and try to resist on their own.

Specially vs stun as there is only 1 single target spell that stop this. 

im not a super fan of scrolls and potions,  sure, using them in one hard battle is ok and desirable,  but having to use them for every single time i meet a enemy magic caster its too much for my taste as the battles become less of a challenge and more of a boss fight. 

Specially as durance and other casters don´t have a infinite amount of spells and every battle i use most of them, forcing me to rest and return to the city multiple times to clear a dungeon.  (And thinking of going with little to no spells becomes impossible, specially with WM heroes). 

so im doing something wrong or the game really wishes me to spam scrolls, potions, spells every battle that have a Mage with confuse/dominate/stun ? 

Tbf I (have played game before on POTD, have not played WM in any depth) played WM part 1 with no scaling at level 9ish and it honestly did get very easy towards the end. WM II and act 3 I've scaled up which did feel a lot better for me. What you have to take into account is that this is the hardest challenge the game has to offer and with the amount of resources available you probably should be using consumables, spellbinds etc. for it.

I suppose that if you take the big nukers (aloth, hiravias, a rogue or ranger with scrolls and high lore) instead of e.g. GM, Kana the Lagufaeth will be a lot easier and the Ogres/Ghosts maybe a bit harder.

Edited by Blovski