[Bug] Modwyr (quest resolution)

Insolentius

Question

I was able to complete this unmarked quest by simply bumping into Yngfrith in the Radiant Court. The problem here is that I didn't upgrade the weapon nor did Modwyr ever mention Yngfrith up till that point - which led to inconsistent dialogue options indicating that I was already aware of Modwyr's history with her.

Basically, the broken triggers let me complete this quest long before it should have been possible.

9 answers to this question

I didn't completely upgrade Modwyr either before completing the quest with Yngfrith, but I assume all the traits Modwyr gets after the quest is done is what you'd get from upgrading her.

I know, but the issue here is the inconsistent (and illogical) story progression. The game doesn't acknowledge that my character doesn't even know who Yngfrith is, and it magically assumes that I have already unlocked all of the Modywyr's traits and learned about Yngfrith from her.

If You stand next to Yngfrith, even if Modwyr did not tell You who her owner was, it is not illogical that she can recognize her...

That's the thing - there are no dialogue options that take that scenario into consideration, hence the illogical conclusion to the quest. It would be cool if they programmed a unique response in case the player accidentally bumps into Yngfrith, but the game just assumes you already know about her (which is directly reflected by the illogical dialogue options). Do you understand what I'm getting at?

I think that Yngfrith should only show up if you exhaust all dialog options from Modwyr, at this point you should've have knowledge that Modwyer is seeking her old master. About Modwyr mastering her full power after speaking with Yngfrith, I see as if she got free from a prison of anguish and can be in peace using all her power because she is no more a Soulbound weapon only a unique one. 

And a have to say Modwyr is the best character I met so far kk.

I talked to Yngfirth after unocking Modwyr's first upgrade, the one that requires killing a kith enemy. I had Xoti release her soul, and then the sword was fully upgraded.i think she had mentioned Yngfirth before, but unlocking all the traits feels like a bug, since it's way powerful for this stage of the game.