[Bug?] [Minor spoiler] Captain Aeldys

EmileDragonsbane

Question

I received a letter from her, telling me to reach her at Deadlight.
I go there and I confront his second in command, sparing him at the end, gaining full access to the location.
But how I actually find Aeldys? They tell me is "on a trip" or something like that, but I need to meet her...

Is a bug? Am I missing something?
Thanks in advance!

6 answers to this question

I'm sure when you get the letter you can go into the fort and a guy talk to you and in a option he guide you to Aeldys

Where I can find this guy? Keep in mind that the first time I come to the fort I still had to finish the quest about her "second in command", the guy that attacked your ship.

Thanks tho!

I have this exact same issue, I got an invite to see her, but she not ther, or anyone to lead me to her. I already wiped out the slavers, not sure if I should have done fort deadlght first? I can provide a save if needed. but looks like I'm stuck a bit.

Edit,

my saves if they help

www.matthewfarmery.net/POEDF/PillarsofEternityII.rar

I guess I might have done things in the wrong order then? but still, I did get an invite which means she should still be available to meet, but she not there.

Edit 2

using steam version 1.2

Edit 2

I tried an earlier save, before I wiped out the slavers, did the fort quests, (no bloodshed) got the invite, but when I go back to the fort, no first mate to take me to the captain. Seems this is well and truly bugged for me.

Edit 3

I can also confirm like  EmileDragonsbane mentioned in his post, getting a second letter from the captain, does fix the issue, and her first mate will lead you to her.

I was able to trigger this using my later saves, before I wiped out the slavers. But still, getting the first letter is bugged, and hopefully will be fixed. But waiting a few days on another island does also fix the issue.

Edited by matthewfarmery