Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Update #39 - From the Feed of the Director Part III

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

injurai

injurai

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1003 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I'm guessing it will be Tu-Th next week. But who knows it could be later today.

• ShadySands likes this

JFSOCC

JFSOCC

Mentor & Student of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2253 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I'm so happy to see that there is a real animation budget for Deadfire.

But I dunno, I've seen more developer interaction in Eternity, I'd like to see you guys more on these forums.

injurai

injurai

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1003 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

But I dunno, I've seen more developer interaction in Eternity, I'd like to see you guys more on these forums.

With the last game I think they needed more of a heading, and part of the first crowd-funding deal was very backer driven content. Now certain design decisions have been established, and I think the devs have a good understanding of how to foist up PoEs mechanics seeing as they actually made the first game not us. Plus they probably want to test out some ideas of their own and leave more as a surprise.

I'm sure they are quite busy working and socializing amongst themselves, so I'd rather us be their resource rather than the other way around.

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2397 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I'm sure it'll pick up more when the beta is out and we can give more/better feedback

Ethics Gradient

Ethics Gradient

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I'm guessing it will be Tu-Th next week. But who knows it could be later today.

If not the 13th. Working out logistics. But... next week for sure!
And trust me.
The gifs you all will make...

Awwww yea!  Gif-tastic!   8)
M6mlH29.gif

• ShadySands and algroth like this

injurai

injurai

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1003 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

That Eder always reminds me of Richard Branson.

JFSOCC

JFSOCC

Mentor & Student of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2253 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

With the last game I think they needed more of a heading, and part of the first crowd-funding deal was very backer driven content. Now certain design decisions have been established, and I think the devs have a good understanding of how to foist up PoEs mechanics seeing as they actually made the first game not us. Plus they probably want to test out some ideas of their own and leave more as a surprise.

I'm sure they are quite busy working and socializing amongst themselves, so I'd rather us be their resource rather than the other way around.

I'm sure that even in PoE they had a roadmap and a plan. Developer interaction is important regardless of how they're approaching Deadfire. I believe Obsidian gained a lot from interaction during the development of PoE, even when they made different choices. Ultimately it's about respecting your base, which I believe this update does not.

injurai

injurai

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1003 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Roadmaps vary in depth and solidity; Everything was thrown together in a very short period of time, It's in the dev documentary. That one existed is kind of a moot point.

I can't agree that this update is disrespectful, the only thing I really see is a difference in expectation. I would like more devs to interactive with the forum, but I also understand sifting through threads just to find some place to contribute is time consuming. Taking yourself out of your work flow greatly impedes productivity, especially with creative and technical work. I'd rather much of their spare time go to meetings and just maintaining well oiled work culture (fun with colleges / water coolering.) I say that because I've been there.

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 973 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
I like the update.

Seems like the world of pillars is finally getting a bit of humor which (I felt) was severely lacking in the first - well, compared to other games in the genre.

New animations and features are always welcome and silly stuff too as it helps to give comic relief. I won't say that PoE1 was missing personality becausr that would be wrong but it was a bit TOO dark and gloomy and I felt it was always missing something. Deadfire looks like it will have that something.
  • SkySlam likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users