Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2.01 DVD Updates Are Live for Windows and Linux

Updates Patches 2.01 DVD

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

BAdler

BAdler

Lead Designer

• Developers+
  • -9930 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer

Sorry, for the bad communication on the subject. We have been working on the DVD patches/installers, but there have been lots of issues with the Mac version of the patches and installer.

As I am sure you have noticed the Windows and Linux patches are updated, but we are still unable to get the Mac DVD patches to build correctly.

We have also released the DVD expansion for download on the backer portal. You should see it under your products. Just check under your expansion section and there should be a download link. Unfortunately, this is Windows and Linux only.

We have not given up on Mac (and the expansion is ready for release once we get the patching issues solved), but it is slow going right now.

I apologize for the delay and the lack of communication.

• Excalibur_2102 likes this

rivmusique

rivmusique

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

What qualifies you for access to the download of the expansion that can be applied to the backer physical dvd installation? 

I do have a copy of the physical dvd, but under my products I just have the gog redeem code for the expansion (which I've used), no separate download that's specifically for the dvd version. 

This isn't urgent for me as I've been using my digital gog version since release, haven't even unwrapped the dvd, but it'd be nice to know that's all ready to go as an option if I ever want it. 

Excalibur_2102

Excalibur_2102

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

What qualifies you for access to the download of the expansion that can be applied to the backer physical dvd installation? 

I do have a copy of the physical dvd, but under my products I just have the gog redeem code for the expansion (which I've used), no separate download that's specifically for the dvd version. 

This isn't urgent for me as I've been using my digital gog version since release, haven't even unwrapped the dvd, but it'd be nice to know that's all ready to go as an option if I ever want it. 

Yeah this seems to be the same for me, although I'm actually pretty sure I shouldn't have the expansion unless it came with the collectors edition tier, so id actually have to purchase it.

wanderon

wanderon

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1177 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Same question here - I only have access to the Champion Kickstarter edition which apparently does not include the expansion - I have my disks installed on my laptop but how do I get a copy of the expansion (and patch 3.0) for my dvd version??

demonxox

demonxox

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
I too am curious if you guys are going to allow dvd backers of if he champion tier to purchase the expansion.

Excalibur_2102

Excalibur_2102

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

ive actually emailed support about purchasing the DRM free expansion but no response as of yet...  I guess they could just put it in the manage pledges section as an add on?  That would make it only available to backers, right?

zlives

zlives

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer

count me in as well, no link to download expansion or update 3.0

Excalibur_2102

Excalibur_2102

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

count me in as well, no link to download expansion or update 3.0

I don't think they've done the 3.0 update yet for the DVDs

Though BAdler has said that we should at least have access to the white march part 1, but so far everyone is reporting that that isn't the case.  Will interesting to know if its the same for everyone, but I assume it is based on these posts..

Excalibur_2102

Excalibur_2102

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Still kinda waiting for news on this...

Thanks

demonxox

demonxox

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Still waiting on news for purchasing the expansion for drm-free copies.  Also 3.0 for drm free.

vv221

vv221

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

We have also released the DVD expansion for download on the backer portal. You should see it under your products. Just check under your expansion section and there should be a download link. Unfortunately, this is Windows and Linux only.

Looks like something went wrong: the download link doesn’t show on my account, only the GOG link is here.
I backed at the "Signed Retail Collector's Edition" level, I’m pretty sure this is the kind of tier that comes with the ability to download the expansion through the backer portal wink.png

Excalibur_2102

Excalibur_2102

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I just wish there was better communication on this matter...  I will likely end up using a steam/gog key at this rate.  I dont really have anything against those platforms, its just I planned to give my key away to someone else and I would just use the disc versions

vv221

vv221

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Good news everyone ;)

vv221

vv221

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Unofficial patches for the DRM-free backer DVD have just gone live!

Relair

Relair

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

This is getting a bit silly, waiting this long with no info. I got the $140 tier which didnt come with the expansion, so how am I going to play the white march without uninstalling the game that I've already put a bunch of time into and going and buying a steam/gog version?

Sannom

Sannom

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1557 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

You don't need to buy a GOG version or Steam version, you got a key for one of those alongside your physical version.

Relair

Relair

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Well yeah, but it seems asinine to expect people to waste their digital key when they already have the game installed. Many people probably gave the extra code to a friend.

plenilune

plenilune

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Still waiting for this. 

If the devs are unwilling/unable for w/e reason, they should just say so. 

pbutlerm

pbutlerm

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Hello, 

Do you have an ETA For DVD patch 3+ for Wndows?  

Thanks,

Patrick 

plenilune

plenilune

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

3.0.5 patch for DVD? Also, patch dl section is dead... http://eternity.obsi...wnloads/patches

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Updates, Patches, 2.01, DVD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users