Come On! You're killing us!

I was all prepared to come in here with some snark as I already read the press release but Nathan sarcasmed me right out of here.

Thank you Developers and Artists for all the hard work.

P.S. Still available to beta test.

• Like 1

The Obsidian forums tend not to be exactly the most populated areas generally speaking outside of specific events related to the kickstarter, patches, and the like. This forum, the Pathfinder one in particular, is like the dusty watering hole with a small handful of regulars. We're a pretty small group.

It's not like what we do will make much difference in terms of the development. It's not like we can create a watershed moment by our sheer numbers and the game itself is essentially porting the physical card game to electronic format. For that reason, I think we should use finesse with the devs. Sweet talk 'em. Try to cajole some sweeet sweet Pathfinder lovin' from them rather than beat on them. We just don't have enough of us here to create an uproar.

As to vaporware, I could see it going that way before, but making an actual announcement about a release date so close and then never finishing the game? That would be foolish. Not because of us, but because it would make them look like foolishly inveterate liars. Why bother making an announcement that would imminently be shown to be not just misleading, but a bald faced and unrepentant lie? I would hope that Obsidian would want to protect their reputation a little better, even if the project isn't one of their major efforts.

I guess my point is, I think we should cut them some slack, hope they have some good news to share soon, and eagerly eat up any news they give us in the interim. If it turns out they've duped all... seven? ten? of us who actually hang out in this forum, we'll find out soon enough. Then we can hatch our payback plans! I'll pull someone's hair and you can kick him in the gonads or something. Well... either that or we can just go on with life and follow other projects. For what it's worth, I'm still holding on to hope. Doesn't cost me anything.

• Like 1

bother?