I cannot accept EU ending for the Exile (and Revan)

i don't care even if it was the name generator,the exile is a icon,much like Revan.if you ask to the fans who  the most popular sith after the modern republic ones(Darth Sidious,Darth Vader),the answer will be Revan.the exile was a symbol,exile was the name that made that ex-jedi so special,the last of the jedi in the Old republic era.
in a way i admire Drew Karpyshyn,because he designed the story for the first Kotor,Mass Effect 1 and part of ME2,which were magistral.
in the other i despise him,because he ruined my favourite and my first RPGs i've ever played (Kotor and Kotor 2).
but in truth i believe that was 'forced' by Ea\Lucasarts 'hey you have to write why Revan is here after 300 years and why the menace he wanted to defeat is here,and why all of his friends are dead' (it looks similar to the ME3 reapers),he had to clean up the mess by writing a cheap story to justify this,still,he could have avoided ruining bastila or any of the plot done by Obsidian.

ME3 was disgusting instead by plot and gameplay,except for some romance dialogue,but that's it,its writing suffered when Karpyshyn was reassigned to TOR,so we got 2 disasters instead of just one (TOR)
the canon fortunately is gone,but is gone the EU as well

i made this thread before it declared uncanon as i remember

Yeah, but I was referring to the specific fix of unconnoing certain elements; sadly (or happily, depending on your feelings) its all gone now to the Star Wars multiverse or whatever.

Yes i agree that the writer don't care at all about KotOR 2 as if he despise Obsidian work, he only focus on some KotOR characters, and link it with KotOR 2 via "Meetra Surik" the Exile...even that name never appear in any generated names in chargen

I think he never played KotOR 2 at all, this "Meetra Surik" is a new character of his own creation, nothing like the Exile

It wouldn't surprise me if there was a mandate to more or less clean the boards for TOR and anything that didn't quite fit was changed. Part of why I tried not to feel strongly about how KOTOR or KOTORII fit with the rest of the EU and just enjoyed them for what they are. Seemed like it'd be simpler for me, that way.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

i don't care even if it was the name generator,the exile is a icon,much like Revan.if you ask to the fans who  the most popular sith after the modern republic ones(Darth Sidious,Darth Vader),the answer will be Revan.the exile was a symbol,exile was the name that made that ex-jedi so special,the last of the jedi in the Old republic era.

in a way i admire Drew Karpyshyn,because he designed the story for the first Kotor,Mass Effect 1 and part of ME2,which were magistral.

in the other i despise him,because he ruined my favourite and my first RPGs i've ever played (Kotor and Kotor 2).

but in truth i believe that was 'forced' by Ea\Lucasarts 'hey you have to write why Revan is here after 300 years and why the menace he wanted to defeat is here,and why all of his friends are dead' (it looks similar to the ME3 reapers),he had to clean up the mess by writing a cheap story to justify this,still,he could have avoided ruining bastila or any of the plot done by Obsidian.

ME3 was disgusting instead by plot and gameplay,except for some romance dialogue,but that's it,its writing suffered when Karpyshyn was reassigned to TOR,so we got 2 disasters instead of just one (TOR)

the canon fortunately is gone,but is gone the EU as well

I think the last Jedi is an exaggeration, there will always be a Jedi somewhere in the galaxy in EU at the same time "the last Jedi" is there...even in KotOR 2 itself, Jedi and Sith are Jedis...so there is no last Jedi ever...

The problem of TOR is they never explain how Jedi Order survive, the time skip to 300 years later is cheap to show there was Jedi Order surviving within the 300 years. It totally a middle finger to player choices in KotOR 2

You see, The Exile companions may be not survive and maybe not Jedis, then The Exile embark his/her own journey. The exile maybe left the galaxy and don't care for anything else, it is one of the choice...so how Jedi Order survive?

They clearly want to make a new game and dismiss KotOR 2, but they cannot ignore KotOR 2 all together because it will piss off the fans, so they just relate everything with Revan and Exile, and because they want to ignore kotOR 2 they create their own The Exile "Meetra Surik"...it is all to buy KotOR and KotOR 2 fans...it just a bait, so in marketing they can claim it is "KotOR 3"...

But now because of Disney taking over, they just wash it all away, it is a good thing, but it also makes we play KotOR and KotOR 2 for nothing...

you got the point however,you're no common in Kotor 2,you were one of the last of the jedi surviving Malachor V, and after the jedi civil war,the numbers were near total extintion ,and before that you were one of the most important of Revan's Generals,and later you were an anomaly,a force wound leeching force from people around you,a 'sink' in the force,and after the events of Telos IV you're the only one left.
in the original endings of Kotor 2 you could take role of the leader in the Trayus Academy,leave one of your party Jedis to lead who will come in the future and train them,going in exile again,go on your business,or follow Revan's footsteps and going in the unknown regions
you're right on the point of the jedi order,because in this way they spared a lot of work and trouble.
i've been tricked into buying SWTOR because i thought that it may have been a sequel to Kotor 2,but it just was wrong to skip time ahead
if they made the LS path 'canon' they just opted that the exile trained his party members that trained people on.
but they were not really trained,they were merely introduced to the basic of the Jedi teachings to learn how to wield a lightsaber and use the force
they should have mentioned the exile's companions in the TOR timeline
'hey btw these guys,trained by the exile went to the jedi archives,used the rebuilt jedi academy on dantooine,and trained people in the ways of the force,restoring the jedi once again'
a part of me is happy that they didn't mention them,it's better that they left them alone than being ruined like Revan and the exile

all we have to do is to kickstart a project for Kotor 3,and we're on again

But now because of Disney taking over, they just wash it all away, it is a good thing, but it also makes we play KotOR and KotOR 2 for nothing...

Well personally, I played it because it was a fun game. So it wasn't all for nothing, it just didn't matter to the bigger EU.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

• 2 weeks later...

Well personally, I played it because it was a fun game. So it wasn't all for nothing, it just didn't matter to the bigger EU.

you don't get it,it wasn't just for the sake of fun,it was like one of the best books you've ever read,and then imagine that someone removes all the words and the title from it,leaving a blank white worthless amount of paper.

It doesn't mean that the game doesn't exist, though. You can still play KotOR I and II; the words are not, to use your example, removed from the pages. They're there for you to read and re-read. It just means it doesn't connect to the larger architechture of the "universe".

As a long time comic book fan, this is almost de rigueur for the handling of those shared universes. And yeah sometimes I wish they hadn't rebooted that particular character, or this comic line or what have you. But at the end of the day whether it matters to the continuity is less important IMO than whether or not it was enjoyable to me. Continuity be hanged, I played KotOR I and II and enjoyed them and can do so again, regardless of Lucasarts/Disney.

• 2 years later...

I just finished playing KOTOR II for the first time, yeah I know it's 2017 but **** it I want to get this out of my system

I loved KOTOR I when it came out but never got around to playing The SIth Lords because I kept hearing it was buggy and unfinished. 

I hate the EU ending and the whole concept for Revan and the Exile in it. I always thought playing through Kotor I and II that reguardless of your actions Revan was doing everything for the greater good, including going over to the Dark Side. It would be much more interesting to show more of this side of Revan, the first Jedi to turn to the Dark Side and control it to save the galaxy. The Exile should have become the truly evil one, but a necessary evil. 

Here was my idea for Knights of the Old Republic that will never exist: 

-The Exile is a living wound in the Force. As such only she can weaken the Sith Emperor's force power which is close to god like. This is how she defeated a being as powerful as Darth Nihilus. Nihilus too was a wound but would be useless to save the galaxy, because of his hunger he had no free will. Revan forms an unlikely alliance with Meetra Sutrik even though she is attempting to become the new Sith Emperor. 
-The real Sith Empire would invade the Republic and for a time be victorious. 
-Meeka Sutrik would die but she would die in some extenuating circumstance. Perhaps she changes her mind about pursuit of power and amidst the fight with the Sith Emperor intentionally flies them both into a black hole. She had since learned because she is severed from the Force nothing but true oblivion awaited her, no becoming one with the Force.  
-Revan survives and rebuilds the Order. He is the Grand Master for over 80 years before Bastilla dies of old age. After her death he retires and becomes a traveller. 
-Here's a weird idea that will not exist because the TIMELINE is completely off but lets imagine that KOTOR only too place roughly 1000 years before the Star Wars Movies. Okay so Revan is like 150 years old... Old Man Revan the village calls him. He meets a young alien of a fairly reclusive species. The creature is strong in the Force but wastes his days drinking and acting foolish, masking sadness of losing his own family and an unfufilled desire to make a difference. The creature turns out to be young Yoda who becomes Revans last apprentice. Revan shows him his potential and they have a small adventure before Revan dies of old age but not before encouraging Yoda to journey to the Jedi Temple.