Cartoon/Anime/Comic settings you would like to see a rpg set in

C2B

Well, still most of anime/manga are intended for teenagers and you cannot avoid some more-than obvious and stinking teen exploitation, which scares me miles away.

Interestingly, given the current condition of Japan, the manga version of Nausica

*smacks forehead*

please review the thread.... and somebody Please explain strawman to oro. is making rational discussion increasing difficult. you are the guy that for some inexplicable reason suggested that our (western?) cliches is no better than Japanese cliches. nobody in this thread had made a claim to the contrary before you challenged the notion o' western cliche dominance. if you review you will see that from the very start we were observing shortcomings in Japanese storytelling in anime, so to suggest that we is doing red herring is... bizarre.

If you really don't see the difference between cliche and storytelling then you really need to watch something better.

Good storytelling happens despite the archetype not because of it, cliches rely on the appeal of the archetype while having no real story. Hope that makes it clearer to you.

talk 'bout a wtf moment. do you even bother to read what you write? how on earth does you get that we equate use o' cliche and storytelling? we made an initial comment 'bout the dearth o' quality storytelling in japanese anime... recognized a handful o' pervasive shortcomings only one o' which were the over-dependence on a limited number o' archetypes. YOU is the guy who comes up with the strawman/ non sequitur and tells us that japanese cliches is no worse than western.

am suspecting you is being willful obtuse, but this ridiculous line o' argument seems too damn random to be intentional. well, i t looks like you gots calax to follow your lead, so we guess your detour 'round rationality and common sense weren't a total loss.

*shrug*

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

if you review you will see that from the very start we were observing shortcomings in Japanese storytelling in anime

talk 'bout a wtf moment. do you even bother to read what you write? how on earth does you get that we equate use o' cliche and storytelling? we made an initial comment 'bout the dearth o' quality storytelling in japanese anime... recognized a handful o' pervasive shortcomings only one o' which were the over-dependence on a limited number o' archetypes. YOU is the guy who comes up with the strawman/ non sequitur and tells us that japanese cliches is no worse than western.

am suspecting you is being willful obtuse, but this ridiculous line o' argument seems too damn random to be intentional. well, i t looks like you gots calax to follow your lead, so we guess your detour 'round rationality and common sense weren't a total loss.

*shrug*

HA! Good Fun!

Do you read what you wrote? Apparently since the beginning of the thread you're trying to prove Anime's shortcomings.

I only sought to illustrate that you were berating Anime for things that are common on Western media.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif