Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hardcore Rajani

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

toastification

toastification

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 70 posts

*reads 1.5 pages of derailed thread*
*reads something useful*

Pfft. For Lucas, "hit her and dodge her attacks" is about the most relevant and fastest thing you can do. Unless you can block her attacks, which is probably a bit faster.

I guess I could have been more specific. "Walk into range, bait her attack animation, hit her, dodge away after a few hits."

Edited by toastification, 28 June 2011 - 07:42 AM.

Achilles

Achilles

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

*reads 1.5 pages of derailed thread*
*reads something useful*

Pfft. For Lucas, "hit her and dodge her attacks" is about the most relevant and fastest thing you can do. Unless you can block her attacks, which is probably a bit faster.

I guess I could have been more specific. "Walk into range, bait her attack animation, hit her, dodge away after a few hits."

The next time I play as Lucas, I'll keep that in mind.

metamag

metamag

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 214 posts

New characters and story lines would be great.

No new characters please, instead more detailed abilities and synergies, a lot of abilities are completely useless now by themselves and in terms of upgrading them(shield pummel, vanguard strike, earthquake, etc.)

metamag

metamag

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 214 posts
And don't forget this-

I just started a new playthrough and put 3 points into willful and it's a whole lot better, no more waiting for lower enemy health, big damage from the start and much bigger criticals, instantly killing most enemies and you are overall much more effective because you use it far more frequently which means you dash from place to place avoiding damage.

Later you instant-kill all non-bosses with full willful charge and high will, and if you use endless wrath you never get hit because you dash from one enemy to the next, you are like superman.

Never chose executioner's charge over willful charge.

toastification

toastification

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 70 posts
What average damage hits did you get towards the end with maxed out willful?

Cyn!c

Cyn!c

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

New characters and story lines would be great.

No new characters please, instead more detailed abilities and synergies, a lot of abilities are completely useless now by themselves and in terms of upgrading them(shield pummel, vanguard strike, earthquake, etc.)

Shield pummel useless? Are you kidding me? It's totally OP'd. Lucas has an infinite combo with this in a one-on-one fight with good momentum. Works well against the Drakkenweyrs (who can basically kill you in 1 hit on hardcore). Start off with a shield pummel, then regular strikes 3 times, then combo another shield pummel. Lather, rinse, repeat. Always repeat.

Pidesco

Pidesco

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 6046 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
That kind of disagreement is a sign of good balance and gameplay variety

metamag

metamag

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 214 posts

Shield pummel useless? Are you kidding me? It's totally OP'd. Lucas has an infinite combo with this in a one-on-one fight with good momentum. Works well against the Drakkenweyrs (who can basically kill you in 1 hit on hardcore). Start off with a shield pummel, then regular strikes 3 times, then combo another shield pummel. Lather, rinse, repeat. Always repeat.

I don't know what you are talking about, shield pummel rarely works on min-bosses and never works on bosses.

metamag

metamag

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 214 posts

600-800 with over 1000 criticals which were quite often.

Sannom

Sannom

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1267 posts
  • Backer

I don't know what you are talking about, shield pummel rarely works on min-bosses and never works on bosses.

Not all Dakkenweyrs are bosses or mini-bosses, it doesn't mean that they're not tough as nails and deadly though. That lunge attack followed by a massive claw swipe took me by surprise fairly often, and generally took 1200+ damages out of me. And those Dakkenweyrs are subject to Shield Pummel. And yes, when fighting one alone, it pretty much locks him completely and makes him unable to attack.

toastification

toastification

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 70 posts

Seems kinda low. I did 500-600 with Executioner's Charge, and it was a string of 1.5k-2k crits as soon as they hit half health.

The real moral of the story is then it doesn't matter as long as you do upgrade it.

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 1 posts
Hi guys,

I had the same problem. Heard withering worked for someone so checked my inventory. Had a lower quality weakening item instead (chaos: 2 points). It made the fight very easy. Her hits were cut in half so could survive more than one hit. Hope this helps someone.

Furthermore it's nice to see that the game challenges you in both playing well and making strategic equipment choices.

First post but played every Obsidian game. Well gotta finish this one.

hansmonelpo

hansmonelpo

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts
anjali vs hard core rajani, It's not at all elegant but at least I didn't die. :p 
It's my 2nd time through the game so I was much more prepared with massive high stamina & it only took me 3 tries instead of over a dozen, haha! I don't block/dodge but I do teleport like mad. I'm not even sure if I did much dmg. myself, lol. Doggy got the final blow! Fun times.

feretdalub

feretdalub

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 6 posts

it's not that hard to pass through hard core rajani now.

Tyler Davis

Tyler Davis

QA Lead

• Developers
  • 32 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:XxX Post XxX

So after about a dozen times trying to beat Rajani with Lucas on hardcore I finally gave up and beat her on normal with no problem the first time.

The farthest I got on Hardcore was 2/3 of her health on her second form.

The biggest problem I see is that armor has no damage mitigation against magic, she is completely immune to stun and stagger and the damage she deals is huge(3 times of normal) and some attacks are pretty random.

Thoughts? Is there some trick to beating her on hardcore, some special weapon property or something?

The key to beating Rajani = dodge timing.

mestylowe

mestylowe

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 7 posts

mama, that's a lot there! Crits are ouch! Are you expert in doding skill too? coz i guess it would be easy for you to pass it  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users