Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I cannot save (and thus load) at all!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Dorian Ertymexx

Dorian Ertymexx

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 1 posts
I have a rather annoying problem - I cannot seem to save the game at all. Not just that - the autosaves are nowhere to be found either. That is to say, the load-screen is empty.

I have just spent half a day playing the game completely in vain, as all my progress is gone with the wind. I had a similar problem with ME2; what is going on here?

Tigranes

Tigranes

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 8771 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Are you using Steam? Steam uses its own game installation folders, which might muck it up somewhat (though it shouldn't.)

In My documents/Alpha Protocol/Checkpoints do you see some .sav files? And do they have corresponding .dat files in the /MetaData subfolder?

If the .dat files are missing, you have your saves, they just aren't showing up. Create some blank .dat files (or, if that doesn't work, I can just give you a random .dat file), rename it to match the save, and it will show up. If the .sav files are missing, that's a bigger headache - perhaps a Windows user profile thing?

Nikolai

Nikolai

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 9 posts
I have this problem with other games when I forget to run the game as an administrator on my computer.

Nydirech

Nydirech

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:nydirech
Having this issue too. I attempted to find the file you referenced only it does not exist on my PC in either HD under steam or under My doc as you said. I am using win 7 64bit if it makes any difference

Nydirech

Nydirech

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 4 posts
Not exactly the same problem. My game saves and I can reload until i exit the game. Once I exit its a fresh wipe I have to start at the beginning

Nydirech

Nydirech

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 4 posts

Are you using Steam? Steam uses its own game installation folders, which might muck it up somewhat (though it shouldn't.)

In My documents/Alpha Protocol/Checkpoints do you see some .sav files? And do they have corresponding .dat files in the /MetaData subfolder?

If the .dat files are missing, you have your saves, they just aren't showing up. Create some blank .dat files (or, if that doesn't work, I can just give you a random .dat file), rename it to match the save, and it will show up. If the .sav files are missing, that's a bigger headache - perhaps a Windows user profile thing?

Where should the /MetaData sub folder be located on a Normal installation, granted I am betting since its a steam install its screwed up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users