I cannot save (and thus load) at all!

Dorian Ertymexx

Question

I have a rather annoying problem - I cannot seem to save the game at all. Not just that - the autosaves are nowhere to be found either. That is to say, the load-screen is empty.

I have just spent half a day playing the game completely in vain, as all my progress is gone with the wind. I had a similar problem with ME2; what is going on here?

5 answers to this question

Are you using Steam? Steam uses its own game installation folders, which might muck it up somewhat (though it shouldn't.)

In My documents/Alpha Protocol/Checkpoints do you see some .sav files? And do they have corresponding .dat files in the /MetaData subfolder?

If the .dat files are missing, you have your saves, they just aren't showing up. Create some blank .dat files (or, if that doesn't work, I can just give you a random .dat file), rename it to match the save, and it will show up. If the .sav files are missing, that's a bigger headache - perhaps a Windows user profile thing?

Having this issue too. I attempted to find the file you referenced only it does not exist on my PC in either HD under steam or under My doc as you said. I am using win 7 64bit if it makes any difference

Are you using Steam? Steam uses its own game installation folders, which might muck it up somewhat (though it shouldn't.)

In My documents/Alpha Protocol/Checkpoints do you see some .sav files? And do they have corresponding .dat files in the /MetaData subfolder?

If the .dat files are missing, you have your saves, they just aren't showing up. Create some blank .dat files (or, if that doesn't work, I can just give you a random .dat file), rename it to match the save, and it will show up. If the .sav files are missing, that's a bigger headache - perhaps a Windows user profile thing?

Where should the /MetaData sub folder be located on a Normal installation, granted I am betting since its a steam install its screwed up.