Git the Planescape Licence!

The "dead" settings are still semi-officially supported through the Dragon magazine (which is still the "official" D&D magazine, despite the change of ownership, and most of its authors are current or former WotC employees).

There shall be a new planar supplement from WotC this Summer, and rumors have it that it will contain official rules for the factions, more on Sigil, and similar content. It won't be PS3E (that's a doomed project, if I've ever seen one), but it will be pretty close. I doubt WotC would object to seeing a new game which used their 3E planar material.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

Well if they could ge the publishing rights they could use the OGL to rebuild Dark Sun. Athaus and White Wolf did that for Ravenloft.

White Wolf licensed Ravenloft from WotC. It's not OGL.

WotC still owns all the "dead" settings, and there is no way in Maladomini that they could be published under the OGL.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

For those that liket the PnP DS:

http://www.athas.org/

And for those that play NWN and liked DS:

http://www.athasiannights.com/

http://www.darksunonline.org/

Anyway, As I see it, it was the but ugly cover on the box and the fact that you were not allowed to create any type of character you wanted (story was linked to a specific character) that put of a lot of players. Those that despite this did play it usually got fascinated by the game after awhile when they got into the story. KotOR shows that a story similar to the one on PST could have been done with some modifications, but probably would not would have been as good as the one in PST.

It's a give and take I guess. They probably would have to work a lot more on the story if it was to be able to fit a mix of different characters as well as the no named character.

But if they take the time to do that I'm qute sure they could come up with a PS game (not a sequel, but a CRPG in same setting) that would be as fascinating as PST and allow a wider choice of characters.

Just buy the rights to TORN (and special.) She's a real fixer-upper. The point is that, while expensive, it would be harder to f*** up.

But yeah, there's no Planescape license to be had. You're a ****.

Run something_kinda_freaky.exe

There shall be a new planar supplement from WotC this Summer, and rumors have it that it will contain official rules for the factions, more on Sigil, and similar content. It won't be PS3E (that's a doomed project, if I've ever seen one), but it will be pretty close. I doubt WotC would object to seeing a new game which used their 3E planar material.

I agree. A game in the planar setting (preferably with Sigil) would be really nice.

In knowing the teachings of Zerthimon I have become stronger.

• 9 years later...

10-Year Necro-bump

:devil: 

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Heh, think this thread just got dragged out of the morgue. This was from before there actually were any Kotor2 sections on the forum, wasn't it? Project Delaware or whatever it's name was...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

...hehehe... :ban:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way