Maia bug

maspien

Question

Bug:  Keep getting notes from Maia saying she left the boat.

I informed her that I tossed her brother into the blood pool in PoE 1.  So she left the ship and left a note.  

I keep getting the note and pop every time I change scenes, I.E  Leave a city to the boat.  Or leave a dungeon to the over world.  

This bug does not stop at all.  I have tried reloading and that does not fix it.

5 answers to this question

I'm still getting this problem after installing the latest patch (it started before I patched and I don't have an earlier save).

Edit: Just got worse - the message showed up mid-combat (shortly after entering a new area but long enough to sneak around)

Edit 2:

In addition -

Maia also made a plea to help the other (Huana) ships while in a certain pre-endgame fleet battle.

despite not being on the ship anymore (can't see her if I go to the deck view).

Edited by Silent Winter

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Does she show up on the map for you as well? Her name shows up on the map when embarked on the ship in a save that has this same issue. Also, I made a newer thread that connects to this https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/102218-11-maia-in-ocean-bug-possible-connection-to-farewell-spam/

Actually, given that one is in 1.1 as well, it shows it as not fixed for 1.1. I wonder if Caleb saw my thread.

Edited by smjjames

Does she show up on the map for you as well? Her name shows up on the map when embarked on the ship in a save that has this same issue. Also, I made a newer thread that connects to this https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/102218-11-maia-in-ocean-bug-possible-connection-to-farewell-spam/

Actually, given that one is in 1.1 as well, it shows it as not fixed for 1.1. I wonder if Caleb saw my thread.

This thread linked is one of those ones I had mentioned where I feel like it was a disconnect. Ill change that this is not fixed (and worse) in latest, and get it bugged with high priority.

Thanks for bringing this up all!

Best,

-Caleb

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

Here's how it happens... If you are at sea when Maia returns and try and add her back to the party while still at sea, she disappears.  This is possibly due to the fact that while she returns to the party, she is not actually on the boat.  To avoid this, wait until you get back to Neketaka and restore her to the active party while at an inn.

REPRO

1) Maia returns to the party while you are at sea.

2) You use the party reorganize option from the ship while at sea to add Maia back to your party.

OBSERVED

Maia and the party member you replaced disappear.

EXPECTED

Neither party member disappears.