Can't change my picture on PS4

Hello, I've just started playing this game a few days ago. 

I made my character and have been through several quests, recruited characters, etc. For a while, I had the option to change my character's icon picture. However, after an update (it took PS4 a few hours to download and install) I no longer have that option.

Is it not possible to change your character's picture on PS4 after finishing CC?

I play PoE with the PS4 and I am able to change the portrait for my main player character, I've got all of the updates. However I've never had an update that took a few hours to download and install, so I don't know what you're talking about there.  Remember you can only change the portrait of a character you created, NOT an npc's like Aloth or Durant.

I don't know anything about patches and am only playing the "raw" version of the game - so if an update has caused your problem I can't help.

The character portrait is changed by:-

pressing L2 and up to display the character information

use the right thumb stick to select the chardacter portrait

There should be 2 icons at the bottom of the portrait -an eye in the middle and a head at the right

the eye is for selecting character portrait and voice, the head is for character's A.I.

story companions do not have an eye icon as their portraits and voices are fixed

use left on the directional pad and press the X/Cross button - this should take you to the option to change portrait and/or voice

pressing right on the directional pad would have talken you to the A.I.

not pressing the directional pad could leave you with either (I am wondering if that is your problem)

I play PoE with the PS4 and I am able to change the portrait for my main player character, I've got all of the updates. However I've never had an update that took a few hours to download and install, so I don't know what you're talking about there.  Remember you can only change the portrait of a character you created, NOT an npc's like Aloth or Durant.

Hmm. Yes, I know you can't change NPC portraits. 

When I go to my character sheet, the option to change my portrait just isn't there. I have no idea what that update was all about; it did allow me to play the game while it was downloading. And I COULD change my portrait before that update. But now the, I think it was, little gear sign is just gone from my portrait, and the controls won't even move past the information sheet to the character's portrait. So there's nothing to click on.

Luckily I chose the guy with the hooded face just b/c I couldn't decide. I can live with it. Just weird and frustrating.

When was this update?  There was an update for the PS4 system software (not the game) but again I don't think it took hours.  I haven't had an update for the game for a long time now; I check for new updates every time I start and quit the game.  If you have a good save game before the update, I would save those saved games off somewhere then reinstall the game or go the technical support board at the Paradox site where they handle the console technical support.  Here at Obsidian it is only for the PC version.

Edited by Mangamina