a topic about multi-class synergy . Sorry!

So I'm gonna ask it here . 

What would be a good match for Druid/? . I went Druid/ranger but was told it wasn't a good synergy . 

Edit: ok , found some of the advices !

If took Ranger Ghost Heart that is not good for Druid/Priest since you could heal your companion even more with this classes.

Thing to try: Stalker/Shifter. On Ranger ignore shoting, focus on pet and active attack abilities. On Druid focus on summons, buffs, and close abilities. Also Wildstrike.

In combat summon, buff, and charge to gether with your pet. If you need cast abandon wildform do casting and turn beast again.

Flavour should be right, power moderate, since you cant buff pet as much as character, and you are spreading think on buffs, pet and dps.

Fighter/Paladin both could be tanky. Ranger and any of two could indeed go Ghost Heart and mostly ignore pet, but focus on shoting. Bleak Waker Paladin has higher dps. Fighter could be plain, devoted (favorite gun) or black jacket if you dont mind firearms jugle.

You could always go pure Druid and just use summons as your pet. You could take stag or bear or boar form for extra tankiness. Even have weapon/shield as one weapon set. If you are beggining then pure Druid could be safe bet.

would gladly hear some more though . 

Edited by E.RedMark
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Druid/Monk (Ascetic) is an awesome choice. Someone here could probably explain why better than me

Basically just pick every melee ability with speed and shock damage ;)

Edit: oh, and by Druid I mean Shifter specifically but the idea works with any Druid subclass

Edited by fortuntek
  • Like 1

I've only played with a single class Druid, so I'm not going to comment off of personal experience, but based on my experience with the other classes and what works well for multi-classing. 

So, here are some options I'd wager would work out really quite well: 

* Fighter: Multiclasses well with almost anything. Adds tankiness, adds damage, adds some great passives and instant buffs. If you want you druid to do some armed fighting, you're not going to go wrong with a fighter. 

* Monk: I don't have much experience with the monk, but it has some insane buffs and abilities. Thundering Blows and Lighting Strikes will work while shifted, and will Burning Wheel. It'll add damage, speed, and more damage that work while shifted or casting. You're also basically free from gear dependencies this way. 

* Paladin: Makes anything tankier. Seriously. +20 to all defenses and Lay on Hands makes you nigh-immortal. And Eternal Devotion is sweet. Really sweet. 

Druid/Monk (Ascetic) is an awesome choice. Someone here could probably explain why better than me

Basically just pick every melee ability with speed and shock damage ;)

Edit: oh, and by Druid I mean Shifter specifically but the idea works with any Druid subclass

Hum..Monk..

does that mean you just use your fist in combat ? Sorry if it sound stupid lol but I never played Monk cose of that....

Or can you use like a staff at least ? 

I picked the druid sub class..that was general like . Animist! 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

I've only played with a single class Druid, so I'm not going to comment off of personal experience, but based on my experience with the other classes and what works well for multi-classing. 

* Fighter: Multiclasses well with almost anything. Adds tankiness, adds damage, adds some great passives and instant buffs. If you want you druid to do some armed fighting, you're not going to go wrong with a fighter. 

* Monk: I don't have much experience with the monk, but it has some insane buffs and abilities. Thundering Blows and Lighting Strikes will work while shifted, and will Burning Wheel. It'll add damage, speed, and more damage that work while shifted or casting. You're also basically free from gear dependencies this way. 

* Paladin: Makes anything tankier. Seriously. +20 to all defenses and Lay on Hands makes you nigh-immortal. And Eternal Devotion is sweet. Really sweet. 

Hum..

those are all 'combat smack smack' choices though . 

And from an RP point , I will not mix a druid and a paladin together . 

Elderly Hive Dweller

Hum..

Honestly, I'm not sure what else you'd want from a multiclass. The Druid has really solid spellcasting, and I'm really not sold on the idea of multiclassing two spellcaster classes. 

You can go for ranged options with all of the three classes too though. Really easily. In fact, I'd guess that Monk is one of the best ranged classes in the game. Monks are in no way bound to their fists after all and function exceptionally well with basically any weapon you want. As do Fighters and Paladins. 

Hum..

Honestly, I'm not sure what else you'd want from a multiclass. The Druid has really solid spellcasting, and I'm really not sold on the idea of multiclassing two spellcaster classes. 

You can go for ranged options with all of the three classes too though. Really easily. In fact, I'd guess that Monk is one of the best ranged classes in the game. Monks are in no way bound to their fists after all and function exceptionally well with basically any weapon you want. As do Fighters and Paladins. 

a better choice then the one I have right now . 

Sorry , should've been clearer . The most important part of multi-class for me..is the RP point of it . But also , I would like a multi-class where I don't die easely (yet no need to be a Tank) , just better then the choice I have made now wich is druid-ani/ranger-ghost heart . which may have been a mistake , cose..I picked a BOW...yet when combat start . My character summon a ghost animal then switch to a shifting kitty form and attack close combat . Making the whole 'shoot from afar' kinda pointless...

Edit: So pretty much , I'm not asking for 'Give me the Best Build so I can pawn outta there!' . But give me more choices , and I pick one that will fit for what I'm looking for . :) 

Edited by E.RedMark

Elderly Hive Dweller

how about 'Fury' : https://pillarsofeternity2.wiki.fextralife.com/Fury

This stand out for them : 

• Since Furies lose access to Rejuvenation spells, they cannot heal effectively unless they Multiclass. 
  • Furies use a Two-Handed weapon that does Shock Damage when Spiritshifted. This is affected by Two-Handed Style.
  • Unlike the Spirit Animals, Furies can attack at a 10m range when shifted.

could mix it with a priest ? since they lack healing . 

the issue will be , which God I'm gonna pick . Was aiming for Nature Godlike for this one . 

Elderly Hive Dweller

Not knowing what RP you're interested in and with only a few vague build goals, here are some ideas: 

* Druid/Bleak Walker (I know you said you didn't want a Paladin, but... I like this idea): This would be a psuedo-Glanfathan character, but rather than protect the Engwithan ruins, they're fanatical about protecting nature itself. They're also more than happy to use excessive brutality to get their point across, which is really rather simple: Don't. ****. With nature. You'd be Aggressive, Cruel, either Stoic or Passionate. There are a few side-quests that are really nice for supporting this fanatical nature-lover too. 

* Druid/Nalpazca Monk: This would be a more militant version of a hippie. Drugs, free love, and protect the trees. Nature shows us suffering is part of the world, and they give us the means to see beyond our mortal perceptions and achieve enlightenment. 

* Druid/Any-non Nalpazca Monk: True ascetic role-play. A hermit, one with nature. Would work great as a Nature Godlike. Be nature come alive, having grown strong under the boughs of the Tree of Life. 

Really quick, short ideas. Maybe there's something in there to spark some inspiration. 

• Like 1

Druid/Nalpazca Monk: This would be a more militant version of a hippie. Drugs, free love, and protect the trees. Nature shows us suffering is part of the world, and they give us the means to see beyond our mortal perceptions and achieve enlightenment.

if my character end up HIGH singing a lousy song..I'm gonna blame you for that idea !  :lol:

I love paladin and got nothing against them . I'm just saving a Pure Paladin run for later . 

Druid/Any-non Nalpazca Monk: True ascetic role-play. A hermit, one with nature. Would work great as a Nature Godlike. Be nature come alive, having grown strong under the boughs of the Tree of Life. 

yes , I was looking at the Monk Page myself just now : https://pillarsofeternity2.wiki.fextralife.com/Monk

and seem that would be a good fit for what I had in mind . Thank you very much . 

• Like 1

Elderly Hive Dweller