Does anyone know if there's a specific sequence of events that have to happen to get the Infamous Captain achievement? I can't tell if I encountered a bug or not. I survived two mutinies by first talking them down, and then attempting to kick the ringleader overboard, failing, and slaughtering the entire crew. But I didn't get the achievement for it. Do I need to make them mutiny again and take the last option, whatever it was? (I honestly can't remember what the last option was even though I just saw it)

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if there's a specific sequence of events that have to happen to get the Infamous Captain achievement? I can't tell if I encountered a bug or not. I survived two mutinies by first talking them down, and then attempting to kick the ringleader overboard, failing, and slaughtering the entire crew. But I didn't get the achievement for it. Do I need to make them mutiny again and take the last option, whatever it was? (I honestly can't remember what the last option was even though I just saw it)

I tried kicking the ringleader overboard which lead to a fight and I didn't get the achievement. Later on, I just attacked immediately and got the achievement. I think the achievement notification popped up at the beginning of the fight.

I'm not sure if this is working as intended or if it's a bug.

• Like 1

It's the actual fighting that matters. You can't unlock the achievement without attacking the crew.

yep, the achievement unlocks as soon as combat opens (you don’t actually even need to survive the fight or kill anyone)

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."