There is no direct "If I don't currently have this exact buff, then cast this buff" option, I wish there were... however fellow barbarian, there is a solution / workaround to get perma-frenzy going:

Step1. Take a look at the full duration of the frenzy affect on your character. Note that the duration listed in the skill description will differ to what is actuall cast on your character due to your intellect score increasing (or decreasing) effect duraitons. So the best way to find out your "actual" frenzy duration is to pop frenzy, then immediately pause the game, hover over your character and it will show the time remaining. For me this was 21.something seconds.

Step 2. Open the behaviour editor and create a new group with the condition set to "Always True". Add frenzy (or the upgraded variant name), target self. Above this new group, there is a little box with a timer / clock icon next to it at the top of the group, change this to whatever your noted frenzy duration is from step 1 above for me this is set to 21.

Step 3. Ok, now our barb will cast frenzy every 21 seconds if they have enough rage available to cast it. To ensure that I will always have enough rage, I now add a "Rage > 2" condition to all of my other barbarian abilities to ensure that they won't waste rage on other abilities ensure that I always have enough rage to cast 3 frenzies in a fight, this is usually plenty.

Step 4... profit.

Hope this helps.

No, but I would like to know how to make Frenzy cast automatically if it's not active, instead of the current behaviour of simply casting it again and again until you're out of rage.

There's another way to do this too.  Look for Self: Has might inspiration, then select the "not" box, then your character will cast the selected skill whenever you don't have a might inspiration, which frenzy should have, so you won't recast it again until the might inspiration wears off.

No, but I would like to know how to make Frenzy cast automatically if it's not active, instead of the current behaviour of simply casting it again and again until you're out of rage.

There's another way to do this too.  Look for Self: Has might inspiration, then select the "not" box, then your character will cast the selected skill whenever you don't have a might inspiration, which frenzy should have, so you won't recast it again until the might inspiration wears off.

Yeah I considered this and was using this for a while, but the problem with this solution is that I also have Xoti's AI set to auto-cast Holy Power which also provides a might inspiration and consequently screws with that trigger.