Chinese localization cause FPS dropping during gameplay

SerGawen

Question

Hi, first I wanner thank you all for the efforts of bringing Simplified Chinese localization into reality, that's means a lot for the POE fans in China.It's really nice and helpful but ...

I found the specific way of POE II patching the Chinese characters (in U3D assets bundle) causes graphic issues during the game-play.

Here is the issue:

After launch the game everything are just fine , the FPS is at the maximum stats 

during the continuous gameplaying the FPS will drop linearly with the time.

approximately 10 FPS drops in every 60 minutes (with a 60hz monitor ,VSync checked)

the lowest FPS I could endure is about 15 (after 4 or 5 hrs play), things became intolerable afterwards so I really dont know if it could be lower ...

(My hardware info: i7-8700K + Nvidia 1080ti SLI +64GB DDR4 +SSD)

A temporary 'fix' for this issue is restart the game, reset the counter, do it again after another 4\5 hrs.

For myself, I choose to set the language back to English so no FPS dropping ever occurs.

============================

I assume you patch the characters as PNG image in U3D, consider POE is a story-rich CRPG game which means at least 2500 commonly used Chinese characters will be patched. maybe this is the reason why FPS dropping happens.

Anyway, I'm fine with this issue but I found it quiet annoying and confusing to the fans and new players around me. (I'm a game media editor/critic so I get feedbacks from local communities) most of them can not play the game in English and with lower hardware conditions the dropping issues may be more severe, and it is often mistaken as 'optimize' problems so It will hurt Obsidian's reputation among Chinese players.

Maybe there is a better way to patch the characters in U3D or you can fix this somehow. I hope I didn't ask too much, thanks for your endeavors and proud to be your supporter. :w00t:

1 answer to this question