Won't save!

Cimmerian999

Question

I just started playing II and have a huge problem.

It won't save.

Whether I do Quicksave or a dedicated named save. When I go to "load" nothing is there.

The game isn't playable from the beginning every time!

I'm doing this after playing for about 20 minutes. Any chance I have to play longer to be allowed to save?

Any ideas would be amazingly helpful.

Thank you.

Edited by Cimmerian999

6 answers to this question

I perhaps have a similar problem. Most of the time I can save/load fine, but, 2 day in the row, the last save game I do before quitting isn't here the next day. I'm sure I've made a manual save before quitting, but the next day I've only the last quicksave (+older saves). Was frustating when I quit after a naval battle and next day could only load the quicksave before the battle.

Looks very similar (though I don't even see the saved games, when I hit "load" it's just blank).

But this is beyond my skills. I'm on a PC and know how to get to the old DOS prompt, but this looks like Unix (which I knew a bit about back in something called the "1980s"!).

Thanks.

Hi, Cimmerian999. Is there any chance you can attach your DXDiag.txt file to this issue? Any output logs you have from the game could also help us narrow down where your save files may have disappeared to. Thank you for your patience and for any help you can provide.

--Doug.