Has anyone else looked through the tabletop quickstart guide?

Pointless in my opinion. World of PoE like so many game-RPG world this days so narrow and one note what playing in it as table top RPG kinda boring. Everything come from adra and Ancient Precursors . And all interesting stuff about them happens in the game. Same as Dragon Age or Tyranny worlds really. Good pen and paper RPG need more variety in its world

Pointless in my opinion. World of PoE like so many game-RPG world this days so narrow and one note what playing in it as table top RPG kinda boring. Everything come from adra and Ancient Precursors . And all interesting stuff about them happens in the game. Same as Dragon Age or Tyranny worlds really. Good pen and paper RPG need more variety in its world

I would argue that this is a GM problem not a game world problem. A sufficiently creative GM can take a world like Eora and tell amazing stories with it.

Just because the video games focus around adra and the gods doesn't mean every campaign has to. There are still tons of cities out there that aren't explored in the game, vast expanses of territory that can be developed/explored by the group such as The White and the area east of Deadfire. Plots within plots in political circles in Old Valia or the Aedyr Empire and the list goes on. 

• Like 2

I would argue that this is a GM problem not a game world problem. A sufficiently creative GM can take a world like Eora and tell amazing stories with it.

Just because the video games focus around adra and the gods doesn't mean every campaign has to. There are still tons of cities out there that aren't explored in the game, vast expanses of territory that can be developed/explored by the group such as The White and the area east of Deadfire. Plots within plots in political circles in Old Valia or the Aedyr Empire and the list goes on. 

Good DM can take pile of garbage and tell a amazing story in it. I will not make pile of garbage a good setting for a story. PoE is fine as a game world btw. Table top no so much in my opinion. 

Game WORLD focused around adra, Like literally it the end all and be all. Adra and souls in it. Politics is a dirty word in table top anyway and you don't need this particial world to tell a story about them. Let's face it politics in PoE isn't what interesting or complex. 

Edited by Dopsim

The best tale of tug-o-war ever.  The struggle of the GM to tell a story vs the players ability to find a solution to a problem only to have the GM go "Well guys...I've got nothing ready for the next four hours because I wasn't expecting that..."

• Like 1