Overland map and "Overland map"

I don't know. I found the overland map in Storm of Zehir to be quite more lively and immersive. Yes it does remind me strongly of Storm of Zehir but I think I consider the Deadfire overland map actually a downgrade from the Storm of Zehir one.

Still I'm very happy that they brought this kind of overland map back! I have wished for it to come back since Storm of Zehir!

Edited by Fluffle
  • Like 1

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Yes, the SoZ OM was better. This one is more akin to the OM in Wasteland 2. But the PoE2 OE does the job just fine so no concerns there.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I did notice that as soon as they showed the feature and I was worried because Storm of Zehir is one of my most despised games ever (even if it is only an expansion) - but I think they've been handling the overland map quite well so far, with less generic spawns and less orientation towards grinding, and more towards varied and unique content within each island. My one issue is that I still reckon I prefer larger, meatier areas over the smaller and lighter sorts that have so far spawned up for me, which don't quite scratch my exploration itch as well. But this aside I still think it's a definite improvement over that game, and am liking it more than I was anticipating.

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden